Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blew a fuse

Options
  • 28-02-2010 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

Went into a local motor factor to buy two 50amp blade fuses on saturday. Guy makes a big deal out of finding them. I ask how much. €9 he says! For two 12v blade fuses! Walked out , went home , bought a pack of 10 on uk ebay for £6 inc p+p. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

now go back and tell him please.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

jackbauer wrote: »
    Went into a local motor factor to buy two 50amp blade fuses on saturday. Guy makes a big deal out of finding them. I ask how much. €9 he says! For two 12v blade fuses! Walked out , went home , bought a pack of 10 on uk ebay for £6 inc p+p. :mad:

You could hav ebought them in the pound (euro :) ) shop cheaper than you got ripped off on ebay for.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Bosshogg

jackbauer wrote: »

sounds bleedin' terrible. just for me and my curiosity, spec out what a "12v Blade" fuse is coz I'd love to see what the price is in my usual haunts. It seems like a 50c item. I'm thinking crappy little wire squiggle housed in plastic that is nearly always a nuisance to fit into a car fuse box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

This is probably the first "real" rip-off case I have seen on boards for a while.

The fecker in the motor factors thought you'd have no idea and so inflated his price way beyond what it should be.

Happens sometimes in electrical factors too - charged €35 for a voltage changer only to find they were no more than £10 in the UK. Went back and they "claimed" it was pricing error and refunded €20.

How about naming & shaming the motor factors involved because most of them are quite decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭tscul32

I was in a kwikfit type place recently and one of the mechanics was explaining to his supervisor that he needed to get x to finish a job. Super said, yeah, grand but go get a generic one in b&q cos the motor factor one will cost 3 times and won't be any better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement