Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CBR250rr starting problem

• 28-02-2010 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hello!!
    After a bit of searching (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055821156) I finally got my first bike, a CBR250rr updated with tyga kit. Have to get it restricted yet though. Anyway only got it last week and was running perfect just gave it a run up and down the road when I got it home, had it out Saturday to wash it and was ticking over lovely and then just cut out for no reason! Cant get it started for love or money now. I thought I might have accidentally hit the idleing screw and started adjusting it to see was that the problem but I'm after unscrewing it fully from the carb!! I took of the fairings and I still cant see the carb. So now I have 2 problems on my hands, not starting and idleing screw out. would the tank have to come off to get down at the carb??? Would I be just aswell to bring it to a bike shop and get them to look at it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Yeah you'll probably have to get the tank off to get decent access to the carbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

yeah tank and airbox off to see carbs. You don't have the fuel cut off by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭canon5571

Jonty wrote: »
    yeah tank and airbox off to see carbs. You don't have the fuel cut off by any chance?

It was running 100% and then suddenly cut out. The fuel cut off isnt very exposed as to hit it accidentally.
    Its driving me mental, have 2 batteries drained trying to start it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

you shud try to start it with the choke out and no throttle,,if you give it trottle it will only flood the engine and can kill the plugs,did the bike backfire or burble like it was about to fire up ??? and me mate did the same kinda ting a few weeks back with his cbr 250 but he turned turned the idel screw in so much it got jammed in the throttle pulley on the carb and had only 10mm pull in the throttle lol the butterflys were wide open wen he was trying to start it and inveitably he flooded the bike , ruined the plugs but a new set of plugs at 50euro for 4 had it sorted,and them spark plugs are soft out aswell as i ruined a completly new set of them last week on me cbr 400,

you shud try to start it with the choke out and no throttle,,if you give it trottle it will only flood the engine and can kill the plugs,did the bike backfire or burble like it was about to fire up ??? and me mate did the same kinda ting a few weeks back with his cbr 250 but he turned turned the idel screw in so much it got jammed in the throttle pulley on the carb and had only 10mm pull in the throttle lol the butterflys were wide open wen he was trying to start it and inveitably he flooded the bike , ruined the plugs but a new set of plugs at 50euro for 4 had it sorted,and them spark plugs are soft out aswell as i ruined a completly new set of them last week on me cbr 400,

Ya it was burbleing and backfiring when I was trying it. I will have to try and get the idleing screw back in now before and can try starting it again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

throw up an ould pic of it. Dont worry bout the restriction. Its grand. Yes I know technically before anyone says it. Throw her into second and hold in clutch. Push her and leave out the clutch. Put the screw back in the carbs first lol. Check fuses, plugs etc. Make sure fuel line is not blocked. If it was going grand and just stopped all of a sudden it should not be anything major.

seanybiker wrote: »
    throw up an ould pic of it. Dont worry bout the restriction. Its grand. Yes I know technically before anyone says it. Throw her into second and hold in clutch. Push her and leave out the clutch. Put the screw back in the carbs first lol. Check fuses, plugs etc. Make sure fuel line is not blocked. If it was going grand and just stopped all of a sudden it should not be anything major.

Ya i'l bang up a photo of it when I get it running, back together and out of the garage!!!
    My chief mechanic(me Da) was having a look at it tonight while i'm at work so I will no more when I chat him in the morn.
    Thanks for all the help and suggestions!! Hopefully I will get her out this weekend!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭TonyFella

When i was working in my old job we got loads of these 250 in from japan they are well knowen for carb problems dirt builds up from fuel on the end of the bowels blocks the jets if your bike was running fine take them off and have a look at the jets etc get some carb cleaner and make sure there clean (air hose would be ideal) wouldn't be a bad idea to pop a fuel filter on too.

TonyFella wrote: »
    When i was working in my old job we got loads of these 250 in from japan they are well knowen for carb problems dirt builds up from fuel on the end of the bowels blocks the jets if your bike was running fine take them off and have a look at the jets etc get some carb cleaner and make sure there clean (air hose would be ideal) wouldn't be a bad idea to pop a fuel filter on too.

Cheers fella!! Nothing done with it all week so might have a go at it myself this weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭TonyFella

No problem If you live around Dublin id be more then happy to help you sort it out

• Advertisement

TonyFella wrote: »
    No problem If you live around Dublin id be more then happy to help you sort it out

Thanks for the offer but i'm in Longford. Anyway I brought i to a garage so hopefully I should be hearing from the tomorrow and I will have it for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

keep us all informed about how you get on in the garage will ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

would of been easy to put screw back in,just get a torch to find hole,you also said it was running perfect then you washed it and it stopped,water must of got into a ht lead or one of youre coils,sounds like after draining two batteries that you have flooded it,take plugs out clean them to see what condition they are in,leave plaugs out over night to dry out engine and try again,i would say she'll fire up

Advertisement