Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Djing

• 28-02-2010 10:15pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I can't find a Djing forum and don't let my nickname fool you, I present for a local community radio station and I'm trying to start out in event Djing. I don't have equipment as of yet as I can't afford! So if anyone can help me out on an extremely limited college student budget on how to get into Djing that would be great!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Bounceman

djhunter30 wrote: »
    I can't find a Djing forum and don't let my nickname fool you, I present for a local community radio station and I'm trying to start out in event Djing. I don't have equipment as of yet as I can't afford! So if anyone can help me out on an extremely limited college student budget on how to get into Djing that would be great!

I presume you have your own PC/Laptop? Download Virtual DJ and play around with that for awhile. When you have the hang of that move on to CD decks..

Or Spin 1038 in Dublin is doing lessons.. Check out http://spin1038.com/djacademy/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Bounceman wrote: »
    I presume you have your own PC/Laptop? Download Virtual DJ and play around with that for awhile. When you have the hang of that move on to CD decks..

Or Spin 1038 in Dublin is doing lessons.. Check out http://spin1038.com/djacademy/

Im a presenter and use zulu but Id be happy to play around with anything! I use alot of decks and equipment at the station Im in at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

For laptop DJing :

Get a Behringer BCD3000 with Traktor

or

X-Session Pro with Torq.

The first one has a build in soundcard, for the X-Session / Torq, you'll need a separate soundcard. Although, from what I remember, they both work out around the same price.
    Neither are that expensive, a decent laptop is the main expense.

I've owned both, I prefer Torq, but Traktor is more popular (as far as I can tell anyway). I started off with the X-Session, now I use the Xponent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Hey that looks like some pretty good looking kit!

• Advertisement

I actually had a good hard look and found it!

Advertisement