Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes library on Android

• 28-02-2010 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Thinking of getting an android phone, probably the HTC Tatoo on Vodafone but need to know if I can play my existing itunes library on it. Don't want the hassle of converting 30gb of aac files to mp3. Is there an app that will allow me to transfer my existing library?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭marymc

I presume it would play AACs, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Yes, it plays AAC, although any DRM-protected songs bought in the days before iTunes went DRM-free won't play. There's a few apps that will transfer the music for you: Google for Sailing Media Sync or Missing Sync. Both are paid apps, but Sailing has a limited free version. You can also drag and drop if you don't mind managing your music manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭marymc

any DRM-protected songs bought in the days before iTunes went DRM-free won't play.

You could just back them up to a CD and rip them again. ;)

I don't know anything about the Tattoo, but transferring music and video is a breeze with the Nexus One. USB in -> drop files. The end.

And to convert video I'm just using the iPhone convertor from DVDVideoSoft.

I haven't checked anywhere lately, but are those rumoured 32gb micro SDs available from reliable sources yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Thinking of getting an android phone, probably the HTC Tatoo on Vodafone but need to know if I can play my existing itunes library on it. Don't want the hassle of converting 30gb of aac files to mp3. Is there an app that will allow me to transfer my existing library?

I downloaded doubletwist (free software) to my PC and it syncs my iTunes library with virtually any portable device. Works great with my hero

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Van Occupanther

Thanks all, looking like getting an android over the iphone. Can't justify the price and monthly cost for iphone

• Advertisement
Advertisement