Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire - Info required

• 28-02-2010 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was hoping that someone learned would be able to clear a couple of things up for me regarding the soon-to-be-released HTC Desire:

- Presumably it won't be offered by our mobile networks for some time. Where would be the best source to buy one when it's released in April?
    - How much will it likely cost?
    - What are the limitations of trying to use a provider's SIM in an "unlocked" phone? What can and can't you do?
    - What are the advantages of having a phone that runs Android, versus say an iphone 3GS? Is there enough apps-type extras (crapps) to make it a better purchase than the iphone, period?
    - More importantly, is it anywhere as varied/functional as an iphone?

Cheers, I appreciate any advice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vfXrqa0UwY

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

- Due Friday April 9th, and showing as £440 on Expansys (Link)
    - No limitations of using it on a networks here. Until google unlock access to paid apps in the marketplace, that will be the only restriction.
    - Daddy or Chips? :) Both have their pros and cons.
    - More varied than the iPhone, no doubt about it. Android is based on the Linux operating system, its open source, multi-tasking and very customisable. Check out my sticky at the top of the forum for more info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

More functiona/varied than iPhone. No problem using a sim from your network. IPhone may handle music better, but android is less restricted. Plenty of apps available. Not as many fart apps as an iPhone - this can be a positive or negative depending on your point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Cheers goys.

Well yeah, I would view the fart apps thing as a negative alright (hence my "crapps" reference)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Vodafone Ireland are due to have this "in the spring".....presume its not exclusive either as it doesn't seem to be in other countries...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055836852

Advertisement