Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Putting back together a G36c gearbox

• 28-02-2010 11:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭

Right. Its the Tokyo Maruin V3 mechbox with JG internals. I know where everything goes, and I know what they have to do. What I am not sure of, is how I can grow another 27 arms to let me put it all back together again without it either exploding or sliping out of place.

ANy ideas or help would be greatly appreciated
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Phone a friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

I did. With 4 arms, and twenty fingers, things still slip slightly out of place. After the fourth attempt he gave up.

Myself and evilrobotshane managed it somehow, he had a youtube video I think that showed how to do it.

It was only after doing it the hard way a few times we realised the particular one we were working on had a quick change spring (the TM one doesn't).

Ah well. At least now I know it can be done (somehow)

evilrobotshane helpfully directed me to the following.
    http://www.mechbox.com/mechbox/v3-mechbox-spring-upgrade.html

This guy seems pretty practiced at it though so he makes it look easy. I would recommend using a small screwdriver to keep the spring guide steady, other than that it's just a matter of having lots of super flexible fingers.

• Advertisement

I actually got it all back together, but now it will not fire. I have not put it back into the Pistol grip housing space, as it will not fit, but I have connected it back up to the battery, to no avail.

So I plan on just sending it into a technician to see if he can sort it out.

Have a view through that video and see if there's anything you did wrong.

How exactly is it not firing?

I went through the vid and put it back exactly as he did (after several tries). The way its not firing is that nothing hapens when I pull the trigger. I connect the battery to the motor (including the fuse) and nothing happens. This i outside the pistol grip though, cause it desn't seem to fit in.

If it doesn't seem to fit in then check you've reattached the motor correctly and take a look at the cables to make sure everything's routed properly and there's no breakage of the solders.

Thnaks, but I am sending it in on wednesday to get fixed. Thanks anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Mperrozzi

Instead of sending it away u could use this which is very helpful

http://www.airsoftpost.com/index.php?cPath=24

I will use that for my M4 to change the barrel, hop up etc, but for the G36c, the O ring needs replaceing, and that is why I am sending it in. The techie will also reassemble it for me, so its all good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Mperrozzi

J.D.R wrote: »
    I will use that for my M4 to change the barrel, hop up etc, but for the G36c, the O ring needs replaceing, and that is why I am sending it in. The techie will also reassemble it for me, so its all good

ok just taught id try help

Don't worry, you did. Thats what I will have beside me when I take apart my M4.

Advertisement