Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Technomate 5200 USB, HDD problems . . .

• 28-02-2010 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭

Recently got a Technomate 5200 USB receiver (which is great)! but . . .

Anyone else having problems with attaching a HDD? specifically a WD My Passport Essential? cos i'm having a real pig of a time (yes I have had it refommatted to FAT32) on an Apple Mac, but i'm still having a pig of a time with it & the Technomate (just trying to record and watch progs)! i've tried Drive C,D,E, i've formatted the damnd thing every which way, & its now even locking the Technomate's other non-recording facilities > so now I just pull out the WD plug after 'trying' to use it.

I suspect its a small formatting issue with the WD Passport, but now after a week of ill fated attempts to use the bloody thing, i'm losing my patience . . .:mad:

Anyone else got tech probs with the Technomate/WD My Passport marriage?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

If you goto Technomates website you get the details required in order to use a drive with the 5200
    http://www.technomate.com/downloads/man/189.zip

I dont know if you can use this on a mac...but I have used it no problem on PCs.

I had a 5200D but changed it to a 5200 Super + as the 5200d does not allow you to fastforward or rewind any recordings, where as the Super version does.

I would suggest not using a very big drive with the box as they tend to slow the box down when switching the box on, you can also use a Usb flashpen to do short recordings or use a pen for playback of mp3s and jpg pictures.

I personally highly rate the Technomate Series of boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭stevethesatguy

you need to format the harddrive while it is connected to the Technomate, the technomate needs to format the harddrive to understand it, all other info on the dive will be deleted in the process, suggest you restrict the drive size to 320GB max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Had the same problem with a new 1tb WE hdd , i formatted it from NTFS to FAT 32 on a windows xp computer . You may need to make the partitions 32 kb or smaller to work on your technomate 5200 d . I used rhesus partitions to format the drive it only took seconds , everything worked perfectly from the on .

Advertisement