Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bayonetta

Options
  • 01-03-2010 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

I know this is a videogame, but I have to say boththe cutscenes and the overall gameplay are one of the best Gaming-Anime experiences I have ever had.

For all you gamers who are also anime and manga fans I would highly recommend picking up this game and keep an eye out for the abundance of references. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

What anime references were in it? I've only watched a handful of anime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

Mindkiller wrote: »
    What anime references were in it? I've only watched a handful of anime.

For one it's Cutie Honey up the Wazoo. The running around in slow motion while your clothes "Flash" off thing is a direct lift from Cutie Honey the Live. It probably references a bunch of other magical girl anime too. The whole thing has a very "Go Nagai" feel to it, with the cheesy campness and the badass weaponry. Bayonetta and the other witch kind of remind me of Honey and Sister Jill - Sister Jill would fit right in, actually.

Unsure if I can think of much else, it's quite "western styled". Witches are very popular with Umineko etc. at the moment.

Disappointed in this thread, thought there was going to be a Bayonetta anime. Would have really appreciated a "Witchy" version of Cutie Honey.

Sister_Zill.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭DandareRastaban

Yep... this game is a true EPIC experience.

There is no point in talking if it is or isn't anime related. I remember similar talk I had on other forum once the DMC (first one) appeard. Many people back then said that it isn't anime related (mostly those who liked DMC but for some reason disliked anime genre). And after few years what came? A DMC Animation :D!!! Which was in fact by : fights, details, storyline and 'hook'ablitiy' one of the best anime ever....

Why I said that?.... Cause I REALLY wish for Bayonetta animation XD

Advertisement