Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shopping in Carrick On Shannon

• 01-03-2010 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

I have a wedding coming up in May and wondering what are the clothes shops like in Carrick On Shannon..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

hey there, I happen to be down in Carrick a lot - a lot of my family live there, and I love browsing the shops there so I can give you the lowdown!

There are 3 main stores that would be suitable for wedding-style clothes for ladies, the rest are shoes, accessories etc.

Creshendo - this is on Bridge St - opposite Cryan's pub. It is a small boutique aimed at the younger market and stocks labels such as French Connection, Mina, Roxy, Killah, Superdry etc. I've picked up some lovely summer dresses over the years, so it's worth a browse.

Kaizen - this is located on Main Street - opposite Keirans Pharmacy and is aimed at a slightly older market. I really like this place, have picked up so many gems over the years, and the owner Lynn is very helpful. They stock clothes from Noa Noa, Hoss, Inwear, God Save the Queen, Pepe Jeans, Desigual, Avoca etc. I got a beautiful Noa Noa dress there that I've worn to loads of weddings and got loads of compliments on. Prices vary, from 50euro up for dresses, but there is a vide variety of different price points.

Kabuki - this is further up on Main Street, in Murtaghs Courtyard, near Murtaghs Bar. It is very upmarket - e.g. my friend lusted after a dress but nearly died after seeing an €800 price tag! However, if your looking for something REALLY special, this is the place! They stock labels like Lainey Keogh, 7 for all Mankind etc, and have really unique dresses. http://www.kabuki.ie/index.php?p=9

Jewel - this is a jewelry & accessory shop near the town clock. They owner handmakes all the pieces, and can even make custom orders, she used to have a boutique in the Powerscourt Centre in Dublin. Definately check it out for unique hair pieces, necklaces etc, her speciality is chunky pearl necklaces with a single costume jewel in the middle, they're great for weddings.

Solemates - this is a small shoe shop on Main Street opposite the Church. It has a selection of funky shoes from brands such as such as Irregular Choice, French Connection, Freiss & Company, Birkenstock etc. They also sometimes stock belts, bags etc.

Mulveys - this is a giftshop & newsagents on the main street, but they also stock nice accessories such as clutches, costumer jewelry, leather gloves, Newbridge jewelry etc.

If your looking for menswear, try Gerard Anthonys, out of town at the Mulvey Centre - they stock Gant, Tommy Hilfilger, Ralph Lauren, Superdry etc

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any more info at all, enjoy Carrick, its a great town!

Advertisement