Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions wanted on an infraction

Options
  • 01-03-2010 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wanted some opinions on whether the moderator was correct in giving me this infraction. I'm not annoyed about it. I just don't agree with their line of reasoning and would like to hear other peoples opinions.

And possibly get it lifted if the majority of people see the sense in this.:P

edit: I've highlighted the part I imagine the moderator felt I was advocating false imprisonment.

Dear sternbutfair,

You have received an infraction at boards.ie.

Reason: Breach of Forum Charter
    Advocating false imprisonment is not acceptable.

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64683462
    Quote:
    i have a friend who is now 25

When he was a kid his parents use to try feed him different types of food (as you do). Chicken, vegetables, beef etc... He use to spit it out but unlike normal parents who would persevere and possibly tell their child that they're not leaving the table until they finish what's in front of them, they just feed him what he liked.

This was when he was fairly young, 3 or 5 ish. So now about 20 years later his diet consists of the following...

plain white pasta
    plain potatos
    bananas
    scrambled eggs
    fanta
    tropicana
    hunky dorys
    chocolate biscuits

That is literallly everything he eats. He also regularly goes on one meal a day.

When he gets a cut or a burn or something he heals extremely slowly and scars easily.

Around the age of 23 the diet caught up with him now and hes gone from maybe about 10.5 to something like 12 or 11.5. It's all fat, it's all unhealthy.

There is literally no convincing him to eat anything else. He refuse to think about what consequences his diet will have. He will not listen to sense and just argues that he doesn't want to try other food.

Some friends and I were discussing how to get him to eat, and we came up with the plan of tying him to a chair and only letting him eat chicken or beef.

At this point even a pizza would contain more nutritional value than what he eats. His diet consists of 90% carbohydrates.

Maybe your oh is like this too. If he is get him to read this thread and hopefully he'll realise how retarded, immature and dangerous his habits are.

I'll let you know how the plan to tie him up goes.
    All the best,
    boards.ie

Firstly, in my opinion the moderator does not understand the definition of advocating. I was not promoting the method of 'imprisoning' someone. I was merely stating that is what I was 'going' to do.

Secondly, the only way I could have made it more tongue in cheek is if I put a warning at the bottom of the post saying, * I DO NOT ACTUALLY INTENDED TO TIE MY FRIEND TO A CHAIR.

The reason I said this was to express my exasperation at the way my friend acts.

Thirdly, it is stupid that a moderaor with the power to delete my post has such bad judgement. I gave good and legitimate advice to the op. I have been and am in her situation with a friend of mine.

Any opinions?

p.s. Hi Victor;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm sorry, but Help Desk isn't open to posters to give their opinions on a moderator's actions. Only you, the mod in question and generally a maximum of two admins will be permitted to post on this thread.

The correct approach is for you to PM the mod and discuss the infraction with him. If you're not happy with the response, you can then PM a CMod (nesf and/or Scofflaw in this case) and ask that they review things. If after that you're still not happy come back to this thread and an admin will look at your case for you (it won't be me as I'm also a PI mod and therefore I may not be perceived to be completely impartial).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭qt9ukbg60ivjrn

That's alot of work and I'm not really bothered causing a fuss.

I got tired just reading that. Thanks for letting me know what to do anyway.

Advertisement