Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rear washer hose

Options
  • 01-03-2010 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

So I've a mate who is having trouble with his rear washer not working.
    Car is a 98 Fiat Punto.

After popping the bonnet I found a leak coming from a small disc object on the hose. Its going from the pump to where the firewall is. (will post pics tomorrow).
    Anyways I stopped the leak temporarily and we tried getting the rear washer to work.
    I'm aware of a blockage somewhere in the hose from the firewall to the rear washer as the hose swells up before that joining disc.

My question is. Where does the hose route to from the firewall? Does it go along the pillars to the roof and eventually to the boot door or does it go under the door sills.
    I'm asking to save me taking apart bits of trim unessacarily ;)

Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Is that disc a non-return valve? It could be blocked there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

I believe it is yes. The very words i was looking for lol.

It's not blocked. I pulled the hose off and it was allowing was to pass when the pump was on. I'll be replacing the valve anyway as it's fooked and letting water out.

Front washer is still fine as it's on a different hose.

I'm trying to think perhaps the hose got damaged from frost somehow from lieing up. This could partly explain the valve. Google didn't turn up any useful information on the hose.

I suspect its running on the passenger side sills until the rear pillar where it goes up into the roof. Anyone confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

If its swelling up the frost didn't damage it.

The first place to check would be where it goes into the bootlid to see if there is a kink in the pipe which could block it.

You could try a bit of compressed air but that may blow off one of the push on joints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

If you take the pipe off the jet at the rear and work the washer it will give you an idea if it is the jet itself or the pipe that the problem is with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Thats some good thinking, slidey!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

congo_90 wrote: »
    Thats some good thinking, slidey!

up_arrow_35.jpg up here for thinking.....

down.gif here for dancing

:D

Advertisement