Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key-Cutter in Galway City?

Options
  • 01-03-2010 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Hey all, lost my house-keys the other day and just wondering could anyone tell me where there is a key-cutter in Galway City Centre or on the Eastside.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Woodies would be the best bet, or else that place in Eyre Square Centre near Elverys but Woodies would be cheaper if you are near.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Woddies or McDonaghs DIY up in Ballyban Ind Est.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭DD67

Tripart, Tuam road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Theres a shop that is in the Dunnes in Briarhill SC that does it also. Its a small newsagent with a sign on the window about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Armor Locksmiths in the Eyre Square Shopping Centre

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

The cobblers in Mervue?

Only one guy in Woodies is good at cutting keys. The others attempts at it there are 'interesting'

I didn't know Mcdonaghs cut keys; good to know for future reference; quite like Mcdonaghs as a hardware store; the guys working there(and in DPL) don't have the sexist attitude towards women so typical of the majority of the staff in Higgins or Buckleys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Someone told me that McIsaac's shop on Bridge St cuts keys, and they are open quite late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Woodies would be the best bet, or else that place in Eyre Square Centre near Elverys but Woodies would be cheaper if you are near.

If you're going to the Eyre Square Centre, use the locksmiths downstairs, not the Mr-Minit type outfit outstairs (not Mr Minit, but that kind of franchise idea ... can't remember their name right now).

Keys done by a locksmith have a higher chance of working, IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 KingJo

Always get keys cut in mac isaacs-they are very reasonable and the guy that does them is really helpful!!

Advertisement