Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO course priority change - advice needed! asap :)

Options
  • 01-03-2010 2:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Heya all, I've tried to read and understand how the allocation of places work with CAO course choices, but need some clarification and advice. (Deadline for changes in 1st March 17:15pm! eek).

Long story short, I've put down Trinity as my top two choices, and Cork as my third. I am based in Cork with my husband and a new mortgage. If I got accepted to Trinity I would be living up there 4-5days a week depending on timetables etc and coming home at the weekend. However unfortunately we've taken a bit of a financial blow - and also with the new grant proposal I may not be entitled to a full grant, and therefore if I did get accepted to Trinity, financially I most likely wouldn't be able to go. :(

So going back to the CAO and the choices - from what I understand if I did get offered my 1st (or 2nd choice - both are Trinity) does that mean I would never ever get offered my 3rd choice, if the worst came to the worst and I had to decline? And even through "clearing" rounds? Basically what happens if you decline your choices is I guess is what I'm asking? :) (Obviously this is depending if I actually was lucky enough to get a place at Trinity! XD

And with all that in mind, would it be better for me to change my 1st choice to Cork? :/

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭December

Was able to get some advice from CAO - and for altering the course order we have from May til (1st) July to switch the orders around. \o/ :)
    So those like myself worrying about the grant situation we have till then to find out more.

Advertisement