Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish football this weekend, 5/6 March

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dreamers75 wrote: »
    /loving this Twigg banjaxed thing and the fact he may be banjaxed for a long time.

It's more pleasant as news for Bohs really. It won't overly affect the large gulf between your lot and us this season in fairness. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

stovelid wrote: »
    It's more pleasant as news for Bohs really. It won't overly affect the large gulf between your lot and us this season in fairness. ;)

/also love the smugness from rovers fans.

Sadly tho without twigg your half a team and ****IN WOW Mahon has us playing like a team.

im a very happy pats fan atm, we have a team that is actually playing like a team :eek: i see your 5 man midfield and raise you Byrne and Mulchay :D savages the two of them your 5 wont stand a chance :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

monkey9 wrote: »
    Rovers one up at home to Shams

Game was delayed because of crowd trouble :rolleyes:

Can someone ban this liar please?

Back from the match, Rovers dominated the game but Twiggy's absence was felt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

To put it straight, Shams are all huff and no puff without Twigg.

Aside from the penalty, you never looked like scoring tonight despite the fact you had nearly all of the ball.

Rovers dominated the game but Twiggy's absence was felt.

Despite being kicked off the pitch at every turn. Amazed that Sligo ended the game with a full team on the pitch.

Still: a good shift by the lads. Particular kudos to Dennehy, Mannus and Chambers.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Games won by Pats this season - 1
    Games won by Rovers this season - 0

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Games played so far this season - 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Games played so far this season - 1

Dont know wtf this is about but we played 2 :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I bet that we only need to overtake Pats once this season. That'll be done on August 16th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

I must say, I used to really enjoy the Sligo trip, but it has turned into complete amateur hour up there. One turnstyle for 1,000 fans, no match tickets or reciepts (told you before Sligs are likely to end up with a *) and Rovers players getting absolutely assaulted from kick off. Dessie Baker had his arm broken in a neck high tackle that only got a yellow, despite him being last man. Ridicilious decision.

Sligs are fast becoming a parody of themeselves on and off the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

It's the same with a few of the away trips in this league. I for one will not be giving my hard earned shillings to Sligo or Dundalk this season for starters...

It's a shame because I like the trip a lot: like the town, the pubs, and the Showgies itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

I must say, I used to really enjoy the Sligo trip, but it has turned into complete amateur hour up there. One turnstyle for 1,000 fans, no match tickets or reciepts (told you before Sligs are likely to end up with a *) and Rovers players getting absolutely assaulted from kick off. Dessie Baker had his arm broken in a neck high tackle that only got a yellow, despite him being last man. Ridicilious decision.

I wonder will there be any sort of investigation or punishment handed to Sligo over that. Its a blatant breach of Licensing regulations, not to mention a unwelcome spectacle on the first day of the season. Did fans refuse to pay in unless they were given a ticket?

It was hard to see on MNS how Baker broke his arm. Was it from the kick or when he hit the deck? Peers was never last man though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Keegan is going to cause a serious injury this season if he keeps lunging in with two feet the way he does. He done it a good few times last season and he's at it again this season...someone needs to put a stop to it.

He's a great player but crosses the line into knacker territory too often. Gets away with murder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

He's a great player but crosses the line into knacker territory too often. Gets away with murder.

Great player but an absolute scumbag. Is going to seriously injure someone. Hospitalised Michael Daly last season with a vicious tackle and wasn't even booked. Went out and did the exact same thing the next week on one of the Derry players. If he was playing for Dundalk last season he would have been sent off countless number of times. Having said he is in my opinion the best midfielder in the country and if you took the nastiness out of his game he might not be as effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Im afraid we may have the same problems as Shamrock Rvs when we head down there. :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

Dessie Baker had his arm broken in a neck high tackle that only got a yellow, despite him being last man. Ridicilious decision.

In fairness, get over yourself. Obviously you were upset about Baker having a broken arm when you wrote that but never in a million years was it a "neck high tackle", nor did it deserve a red card. Soft peno too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Leejo wrote: »
    In fairness, get over yourself. Obviously you were upset about Baker having a broken arm when you wrote that but never in a million years was it a "neck high tackle", nor did it deserve a red card. Soft peno too...

I'm no fan of Rovers but that was a ridiculously dangerous tackle. Red card too I thought.

It was a bad tackle, especially in the context of the game where it was obvious that Sligo were putting in grudge tackles all night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

It was a bad tackle and deserved a red card, on a different note , the biggest crowd was at a first division match - Derry V City, what are the odds that this weekend it will be a first division match that again draws the biggest crowd -city V waterford is the standout crowd puller!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    It was a bad tackle and deserved a red card, on a different note , the biggest crowd was at a first division match - Derry V City, what are the odds that this weekend it will be a first division match that again draws the biggest crowd -city V waterford is the standout crowd puller!
    Only because Rovers arent playing