Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carney/Lisadell 10k - Easter Monday

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

annieee wrote: »
    http://www.runireland.com/events/2010-04-05/carney-lisadell-10k

Has anyone ever done this before? The route sounds lovely. And only a tenner to enter.

Hi Annie,

Have ran this the last two years. Lovely race allright. Theres an uphill around 4-5k which is tough and then its a long undulating run back. My favourite 10k so far.
    They have great food after too. There are also a few fun underage races on the main street in Carney for younguns and nippers.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

Great!

I'll be visiting the in-laws in Sligo over Easter *shudders*

Be nice to get a run in. :D

Hope it's a nice day for it. Family day out, I'll bring the kids.

Just bumping this up - it's on next Monday. Looking forward to it.

Anymore doing it?

Just bumping this up - it's on next Monday. Looking forward to it.

Anymore doing it?

Not this year unfortunately I have paris Marathon the week after so must rest up. Wont miss it again though! How are you set for it?

T runner wrote: »
    Not this year unfortunately I have paris Marathon the week after so must rest up. Wont miss it again though! How are you set for it?

Oh, best of luck in the Marathon.

It's only my second 10k so as long as I improve on my previous time I'll be happy. Looking forward to a nice scenic run. :)

• Advertisement

Great turnout for this today. Well organised. Had a good run.:D Just waiting for the official results to be posted!

Anyone else do it?

Great turnout for this today. Well organised. Had a good run.:D Just waiting for the official results to be posted!

Anyone else do it?

Well done Annie! Didnt do it but was there with my mobile phone camera at 2k and 8k.
    Will upload photos when I get back to Dublin on wednesday morning (unless I find an adapter here).
    Looked like a good race. Great run by Eilish Kelly from Raheny Shamrocks to win womens race: 36.30 I think. Race was won in 34.56.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

Anyone else do it?

hi anniee , did this , really nice route , hill buckled a coulpe of people , as a previous poster said really nice food after too , no showers but we runners are used to bad after race facilities , good turn out and really good support by locals and stewarts around the circuit , sligo ac organised , nice friendly club
    can get results earlier if you email sligoac@gmail.com
    and ask , this is mentioned on sligo ac blogspot
    Well done Annie! Didnt do it but was there with my mobile phone camera at 2k and 8k.
    Will upload photos when I get back to Dublin on wednesday morning (unless I find an adapter here).
    Looked like a good race. Great run by Eilish Kelly from Raheny Shamrocks to win womens race: 36.30 I think. Race was won in 34.56.
    ya , though i came in second but then saw there was someone ahead of lucy brennan on results sheet , i remember you taking photos with the camera

Well, I just e-mailed them so hopefully I'll get a response soon enough. :)

Seres - Second! Wow, well done. The hill was a killer alright, I managed to struggle up it just about.

I think i remember you with your phone at the 8k mark T Runner. Think I waved at you and you told me I was doing well. (Though you probably said that to everyone - it gave me a bit of encouragement anyways. :D)

Edited to add: Sorry, Seres, read your post wrong, thought you said you came in second. Third then? Fantastic nonetheless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Results in case you did not get them already.

Well done Seres.

• Advertisement

I think i remember you with your phone at the 8k mark T Runner. Think I waved at you and you told me I was doing well. (Though you probably said that to everyone - it gave me a bit of encouragement anyways. :D)

Hi Annieee. I always tell the truth so if I said you were doing well then you were:)

Are you running the Rosses point 8k (Sligo AC club race) on May 15th? I assume you have the warriors run in your sights too?
    Seres wrote: »

ya , though i came in second but then saw there was someone ahead of lucy brennan on results sheet , i remember you taking photos with the camera

Yes I remember you, you had a great race and came through strongly. I think you may have been 4th or 5th women at 2k. (I actually didnt see the leading woman at 2k). You seemed to have passed a good few competitors of both sexes in between. You must have done well through that hill.

Would you consider the warriors run? Winning female time last year was 74min. If you ran the course this saturday you would have got below 78 mins easily. The winning time for women will be lower this year but the race is tailor made for runners who finish strongly and a podium finish is very achievable for you there. Nearly 400 registerd now so youd need to register in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for posting results! I did better than I thought. :D

T-Runner - I'm not from Sligo, I was just down for the weekend. But I'll definately try to time my visits (to the in-laws) to coincide with races in the future. (Can't do May 15th though - going to try the 5 mile classic in Terenure the next day.)

Yes I remember you, you had a great race and came through strongly. I think you may have been 4th or 5th women at 2k. (I actually didnt see the leading woman at 2k). You seemed to have passed a good few competitors of both sexes in between. You must have done well through that hill.

Would you consider the warriors run? Winning female time last year was 74min. If you ran the course this saturday you would have got below 78 mins easily. The winning time for women will be lower this year but the race is tailor made for runners who finish strongly and a podium finish is very achievable for you there. Nearly 400 registerd now so youd need to register in the next couple of weeks.
    happy with race alright except for one thing , though i had got this fella at the end and he sprinted past me , didnt even hear him coming , nasty when someone plays your own trick on ya !
    did the warrior before with zero training , nearly died , i dont think barely moving for the last 2 miles as a strong finish ! saying that i would love to give it a decent whirl

Seres wrote: »
    did the warrior before with zero training , nearly died , i dont think barely moving for the last 2 miles as a strong finish ! saying that i would love to give it a decent whirl

Yep, that happenned to me before. The hill takes the strenght out for the road at the end. Long hill runs, long tempo runs, long intervals, hill training followed by a few kilometer reps on tired legs and general high mileage are optimal sessions for that race.
    there may be an advanced training plan on their site soon Ill put it on the warriors thread then.

Yep, that happenned to me before. The hill takes the strenght out for the road at the end. Long hill runs, long tempo runs, long intervals, hill training followed by a few kilometer reps on tired legs and general high mileage are optimal sessions for that race.
    there may be an advanced training plan on their site soon Ill put it on the warriors thread then.
    god , you have really got me thinkin ,heart is racing i already have my family driven made though with all these race , am doing gael force in august , they might clash !
    sure there is no harm is checkin out that advanced training plan anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Mel Casserly

Just to remind you all that this years Carney Lisadell race takes place on Easter Monday (as usual) 25/4/2011 - More details to follow:)

Anyone else doing it this year ?

The race is booking up - chip timing in place, championchip providing - Registration on Sunday Evening and Monday Morning. Hopefully weather will oblige - hope to see everyone there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

The race is booking up - chip timing in place, championchip providing - Registration on Sunday Evening and Monday Morning. Hopefully weather will oblige - hope to see everyone there! :)
    Nearly sure I'll be home for the weekend depending how our little boy is, he has a bit of a cold.
    Anyway if I make it down what time is registration open Sunday evening and where, is it Carney village itself.
    Neil

Hi Neil, the registration is in the Oxfield Centre on Sunday evening from 7 pm to 8:30 ish. Its about 500m away from the village.
    You can also register on the morning of the race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

anyone know if the results are available? ie full set of results

I have posted results for the first 100 finishers on facebook - look for 'Sligo Road Race League' and look at the notes. If you entered online there was an email sent last night - everyone else will have to wait a little while - as I sort through the entry forms.

I have posted results for the first 100 finishers on facebook - look for 'Sligo Road Race League' and look at the notes. If you entered online there was an email sent last night - everyone else will have to wait a little while - as I sort through the entry forms.
    mel any way of viewing them for non face book users i can't open them without an account
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

legendary rovers

Just wondering, anyone who used a Garmin, how did your watch times compare to the chip times.
    Neil.

Yer way ahead of me Rovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

neilc wrote: »
    Just wondering, anyone who used a Garmin, how did your watch times compare to the chip times.
    Neil.

Results time was about 15 seconds or so off from mat-mat time, which is similar to the time I took to pass the start line I think.
    Reckon the Start chip time may have ended up as starting gun for all?

neilc wrote: »
    Neil.

Not a garmin, but I had a 5 sec overall difference between my HRM watch and the chip time. I put it down to a blip on my watch at the start as my 5K split was also 5s off and the second half was dead-on. Yours?

• Advertisement

I think they should be spot on. Maybe a discrepancy of a couple of seconds is ok - it probably has to do with synchronising - I'll get on to championchip to see what the crack is.

great race mel, everyone i spoke to was very happy with everything. the pacemakers with their balloons were a big hit not many small 10kms have them. can't figure out why anyone would do those great runs in phoenix and their like when there's better races on most peoples door steps if they take time to look.

Thanks Mel,

Great race - well run, friendly atmosphere, perfect weather, plenty of food afterwards, what more could you want.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. Glad everyone had a good time - As you say Promethius, why run in mass participation events, with high entry fees, when you can have good local runs on your doorstep.

dna_leri wrote: »
    Not a garmin, but I had a 5 sec overall difference between my HRM watch and the chip time. I put it down to a blip on my watch at the start as my 5K split was also 5s off and the second half was dead-on. Yours?

First off, have to say it was a great race, well done to all involved. Have to agree the local event is really great.
    My Garmin logged it at 46:13, while the chip came back with 46:32. I would have expected the the chip time to be quicker because I didn't stop my watch for a few seconds after the finish line. Got a PR of more than two minutes either way so I'm happy.
    Neil

Neil, Any day you get a pb is a good day!:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement