Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basketball - Swords

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭acc grinds

On tonight 8pm , looking for players , anyone interested let me know, anyone need a lift?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Can't make it tonight. It's my birthday and apparently people want to spend some time with me. Wierd.
    I'll be back next week though

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭josvill2010

I will b there tonite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Folks,
    Swords Basketball starting back this weekend.
    Check out www.swordsbasketball.net
    Open day September 9th 2- 5pm but will be packed with kids so maybe contact one of the coaches or managers listed
    If you want to bring kids they are welcome too

SeaSide wrote: »
    Folks,
    Swords Basketball starting back this weekend.
    Check out www.swordsbasketball.net
    Open day September 9th 2- 5pm but will be packed with kids so maybe contact one of the coaches or managers listed
    If you want to bring kids they are welcome too

Thanks for the advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Anyone know what Swords u18 national cup team are like this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Xrox

buyer95 wrote: »
    Anyone know what Swords u18 national cup team are like this year?

Strong! They have a beast of a low post player think a 16/17 year old ricardo leonard, along with 3 other decent low post players along with some quick smart guards.

Guessing your from St. Marys or Kestrels. Just so you know I'm not biased as I'm a Tralee man just play pick up with them during the summer. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Xrox wrote: »
    Strong! They have a beast of a low post player think a 16/17 year old ricardo leonard, along with 3 other decent low post players along with some quick smart guards.

Guessing your from St. Marys or Kestrels. Just so you know I'm not biased as I'm a Tralee man just play pick up with them during the summer. :P

You'd be guessing right(which one you ask), well that I won't disclose ;) Does the team consist mainly of first year u18? And also did Swords compete in the u18 competition last year? How would the rank against the other Dublin clubs, Kubs, Killester etc

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Xrox

Honestly I dont know how many of them have been on under 18's last year but swords always has a decent under 18 team. Which usually has some of the better younger player playing up an age group. So I'd say at least the starting 5 would have previous experience at under 18 level.

They are a strong dublin club one of the top 4 usually. They had a poor showing at the Billy Kelly this year which they had a great chance of winning. But they have addressed the mistake they made (so the coach and a few of the player told me when i was last talking to them).

who is up for a game tonight? 8-9

• Advertisement

Anyone else interested? 4 confirmed so far need at least 2 others
    If you need a lift from anywhere I'm happy to oblige

I could also give someone a lift. I'm coming from Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 16 txl

If it's in Rivervally someone message me the next time you're in need of someone - Havent played in a couple of years though!

We always need people, we had 6 last night.
    It's on every Monday at 8pm

are we all set for tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 max_cf

Hi!
    I just moved to Swords and I would be interested in playing as well (both indoor and outdoor).
    As some of this conversation is already older I wonder if someone could give me an update.
    I have contacted Swords Basketball Club on Facebook (their website seems to be broken) and they said I might step by on a monday night.
    What's the Senior team's level though? I last played in a club a few years ago and I am not sure if I am up to joining one on a high level.

There's also a site on the web that says there would be a team playing at St. Finians. Is that just outdated information or is that a different club?

As far as public courts are concerned I have so far played on two in the area. One in Dublin at a park close to Killester Avenue, which unfortunately had very low baskets.
    Then of course there's the one next to the skate park in Swords, which I would have liked (also convenient to get to) if it hadn't been for countless small glass splinters on the ground. I am seriously afraid of playing there and cutting open my ball.
    Is there any place you would recommend?
    Obviously I would gladly join for a quick game somewhere.

Hi, why dont you join us on Monday at 7 on forrest road, close to the Spar or the Centra, I never know which one it is

That sounds good!
    I have been looking it up on Google maps but so far I couldn't find the exact place on Forrest Road you were referring to.

If I get it figured out until then, I'll drop by.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭A fella called fish

Hi, why dont you join us on Monday at 7 on forrest road, close to the Spar or the Centra, I never know which one it is

It's Monday at 8 isn't it?

I'll be there tomorrow too.

• Advertisement

Anyone interested in coming along tonight?

Reminder 8pm tonight rivervalley community centre.

Its growing slowly , hoping for 8 tonight.

Anyone interested in playing come along , its low standard and good fun.

All welcome

Bump - 8pm monday nights river valley community centre , all welcome

I will be there

Is the game still on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Hey

You guys still doing this on Mondays?

Yes we are, feel invited to come along!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dariobreg

Hi lads! I'm an italian guy living in Swords. I've played basketball for 10 years in Italy and I'd like to know if you still meet to play and if I could join you!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hi folks,

Is this still running? If so, what night(s) and have you room for one more? :)

• Advertisement

Yes it's on Monday evening at 7pm Holywell community centre

Advertisement