Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rent a 500D or other SLR?

• 01-03-2010 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭

How are we all?

Id like to rent any SLR Canon camera just before I buy one.. Would any where in Dublin provide a service? Im off on a trip next week so would be great if I could hire for a few days.

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

You can rent one from conns, and as far as I know, if you then buy it from them they knock the rental price off the camera when you buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Yup, Conn's :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

do you have lenses ? (can loan you a camera if you want)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭high heels

nope I'm actually a video camera op but want to get into photography for some landscape stuff.. I found a Canon 30D on adverts in my price rage but I could get a 450 new for that price...

Would anyone have info on a 30D over a 450? I think I would like the 30D more as its bigger and chunkier.. Also the FPS is a bit better in the 30D.. But would the Mega pixel difference make a difference? should people who don't get there photos printed in papers worry about getting huge MP as Ill just have to make them smaller to get them on the net anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

PCPhoto wrote: »
    do you have lenses ? (can loan you a camera if you want)

What cameras have you for loan? I'm dying to get my hands on a dslr, but can't afford a new one right now. Have you any for sale? with maybe a kit lens? Just wondering, if you did, I may be interested.

Sorry for the hijack, just happened to read this as I wish there was somewhere close to me that rented, there isn't even a camera shop [Navan] - though dublin is handy enough to get to, how much would a dslr be to rent for say, a couple of weeks?

• Advertisement
Advertisement