Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC QUESTIONS

Options
  • 01-03-2010 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi
    I have worked on the hkc securewatch a few times,however recently in user mode i was not able to change codes. also i could not find the zone test where it says ok ok for alarm and tamper. was it set on a different standard or did i just miss it?
    thanks
    i also have 2 windows.seperate wiring back to the panel 4 wire each. whats the best way to get both on same zone.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Did you make changes in engineer menu?
    In engineer check user options and see if your user code has all permissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭bryanbal

in the beginning the user had no options. so i changed a few things in eng mode. but when i try to add users in user menu i get error message now.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Check that the user code has all privledges set to yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

HKC Panel will not except codes that end in a 9 in that contain a 0.
    Also keep in mind the codes that are already in the panel example. if you have a code of 1234 and you want to put in 1235 you will not be allowed as the last digit increase by one is the HKC duress code. Hope this helps.

I was under the impression that the items were no longer accessible in the menu.
    But all the reasons Cadzer stated could be the problems also,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

bryanbal wrote: »
    Hi
    I have worked on the hkc securewatch a few times,however recently in user mode i was not able to change codes.

You need to go into user options and activate the manager menu, in this menu also there is a user options that is used to change user options.
    As Cadzer said you can not have a code that ends with a 9 or that contain a 0, also the duress code is just a digit increase by one on the code you have.
    also i could not find the zone test where it says ok ok for alarm and tamper.

The zone test your looking for is in the service menu, then into walk test menu.
    i also have 2 windows.seperate wiring back to the panel 4 wire each. whats the best way to get both on same zone.

Wire one leg of the cable from each window into the alarm zone, join the other two legs your left with together. Do the same for the tamper.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭bryanbal

ya that all makes sense. thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 30 the-dude

What does the voice module look like on this panel? Is it a separate panel? There is a zone expander in the main panel. It begins at zone 7. Monitoring is supposed to be set up already. To change monitoring company can i do it through user menu?

Unless you know someone in the monitoring station I doubt they will set up and test a new account for an end user, A bit of paperwork required for the Gardai also.

the-dude wrote: »
    What does the voice module look like on this panel? Is it a separate panel? There is a zone expander in the main panel. It begins at zone 7. Monitoring is supposed to be set up already. To change monitoring company can i do it through user menu?

There is no voice dialer made by HKC for this panel. There is a dialer that contacts the monitoring station for them or you could put in a different type of voice dialer if you wanted to self monitor the alarm. With regards the monitoring if there is monitoring on the panel there should be a dialer in the panel already. To change the numbers and account for the monitoring station you need to do this in the eng menu of the HKC but only certified installers can change your monitoring station for you.

• Advertisement

Thanks Altor
    What does this dialer look like? All i can see is a card thats wired in off the rkp/exp. this has 4 zones on it.I was told monitoring is set up already.This does not seem to be the case.

Thanks Altor
    What does this dialer look like? All i can see is a card thats wired in off the rkp/exp. this has 4 zones on it.I was told monitoring is set up already.This does not seem to be the case.
    Thats an expander. Is there another card plugged onto the main board?

no other card plugged in. is it possible that its external. also is it the same process to default this panel as the newer hkc.

It would not be external to the panel unless it is some other make of standalone dialler .
    Which newer HKC panel are you referring to?
    The default process is the same as always .
    1. Power down the system at the mains
    2. Remove the battery
    3. Remove the factory link (LK1)
    4. Power up the system
    5. Enter default user code 01111
    6. If thats accepted the default Engineer code is 04567
    7. Replace Factory link (LK1)
    8. Replace battery

Thanks Altor

It should be behind the main circuit board to the left of the 4 zone expander that is installed.
    When you say monitoring is supposed to be set up already, Can you see a phone cable going into the panel.

With regards defaulting the panel, just a word of warning. It should only be performed if you know how to reprogram the alarm system. It is easy enough for any installer to do as we would know how to change zone types, partset and so on plus by looking at the wiring of the alarm we would have a better idea of what was on what zone..

thanks.
    I have done the fetac course and i have installed a few at this stage. The course didnt cover the dialler so just want to have a bit of info before i take on this job. What dialler is recommended for hkc panel. Im ok with defaulting panel. I can presume so that the 1987 panel is the same as todays panel.

Will have a good look again to see if phone line coming in.

What dialler is recommended for hkc panel. Im ok with defaulting panel.

They dont make the dialer for this panel any more.

altor wrote: »
    They dont make the dialer for this panel any more.
    What are my options then?

What are my options then?

Only option is to upgrade the panel if you want to put it through to a monitoring station. If there had to be a dialer in the panel you could of got new chips for the panel and dialer which will make the alarm verifiable to a monitoring station.

If you just want to monitor the alarm yourself you could install a Gardtec Speech Dialer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

An external voice or text dialler is your only option. Monitoring is not an option for you as any arc will only deal with PSA licensed companies

• Advertisement

Jnealon wrote: »
    An external voice or text dialler is your only option. Monitoring is not an option for you as any arc will only deal with PSA licensed companies
    Its a new company and we have PSA License. Monitoring is set up already by another company,im told. So how do i find out how its being done?

As regards upgrading the panel, if its being done already surely it can use the old equipment. Is there equipment available for the new hkc to monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

You are a PSA licensed company and you’re coming on here and asking very basic questions that an apprentice should know.
    Who certified your company and who checked your training records.
    Your company should have proper procedures in place for training apprentices, this is how you find out how it’s done

Its a new company and we have PSA License. Monitoring is set up already by another company,im told. So how do i find out how its being done?

As regards upgrading the panel, if its being done already surely it can use the old equipment. Is there equipment available for the new hkc to monitor?

Is this a wind up??:confused:

So how do i find out how its being done?

The customer should have the details of who the alarm is monitored with to get the details.

If it is an old HKC panel it wont send a verified alarm signal to the monitoring station but you can upgrade the chips on these panels to send in the signals.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭matamoros1965

Can I cancel the beeping sounds that come on when I enter my house and the alarm is on? I am living with people who come and go late at night and very early in the morning and I'd like for them to come and go without waking anyone up. Up until now I have been leaving the alarm off when I am in the house at night but the burglary situation is getting to be a worry.

koolkid wrote: »
    Is this a wind up??:confused:

NO its not. This is pretty much my outlet for getting answers.

Ok so, sorry. Its just these are very basic questions for an installer to be asking.
    Is it your company or a company you work for?
    If it your comapny , your supplier & the manufacturers will be happy to supply training on products.
    The best people to talk to are
    Shane in HKC
    Gary in GE (Aritech)
    Ian in Europlex
    I am only putting first names on here. If you want more info please PM me.
    You can also call any of the above & ask for tech support.

Can I cancel the beeping sounds that come on when I enter my house and the alarm is on? I am living with people who come and go late at night and very early in the morning and I'd like for them to come and go without waking anyone up. Up until now I have been leaving the alarm off when I am in the house at night but the burglary situation is getting to be a worry.

If you open the keypad you can disconnect the speaker in the keypad. This will disable the entry/exit beeping sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

altor wrote: »
    If you open the keypad you can disconnect the speaker in the keypad. This will disable the entry/exit beeping sound.

Is there no way of adjusting the volume on the HKC's?

• Advertisement

fred funk wrote: »
    Is there no way of adjusting the volume on the HKC's?

Yes there is if you have eng access to the control panel. If you dont this is a way around it.

Advertisement