Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piano Scales

• 01-03-2010 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

I'm just starting to learn the piano, and have done a few lessons. Progressing well. I'm looking for a good book for learning piano scales. Ideally a book that explains the scales, the fingering and the patterns in a clear easy way, so I can practise away myself and learn them and know what I am doing.

Any good internet sites for this? While I'm at it, any suggestions for good beginners books generally?

All suggestions welcome! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Tester46

I've been looking online, and different sites seem to have slightly different fingering for the scales (maybe it's a U.S. -v- Europe thing?). Anyway, that's what I want to avoid - if anyone has a suggestion for a good book or a good website (with the right "Irish" scales!), I'd be very grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Tester46

Tester46 wrote: »
    I've been looking online, and different sites seem to have slightly different fingering for the scales (maybe it's a U.S. -v- Europe thing?). Anyway, that's what I want to avoid - if anyone has a suggestion for a good book or a good website (with the right "Irish" scales!), I'd be very grateful.

There's little or no activity on this sub-forum, so I'm re-posting. Mods please delete this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭TheBandit

Advertisement