Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 Days

Options
  • 01-03-2010 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Its probably not what everyone wants to hear, but it might just give some of you that kick that you need!

In exactly 100 days we will be one hour into english paper 1, and it will be the quickest 100 days you have ever gone through :P Honestly, it flies by!

Study, study, study!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

Yeah, but if you convert that to hours it's 2,400 to the Leaving Cert. Oh wait... that sounds like even less time. Haha. Thanks for posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

FOr these 100 days I shall work my but for..well most :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

well 99 days now :D. I've been counting down since 106, 7 days gone and I still haven't started any study. I find it hard to start when I get 3+ hours of written homework every night <__<. I wish they would stop controlling what topics I'm studying, I want to start with the most common questions first and not learn case studies that have nearly no chance of coming up!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

event.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭BrokenHeels_Ox

if i close my eyes really tight and hide my books, its not happening :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

Thanks OP for making me worry just that little bit more than I already am:rolleyes:

Orals, anybody? Mine are after Easter, should be OK. I've got nigh on 3 weeks free time to gain some marks. The Irish oral is 25% of the entire exam, who knew?

all the orals start after easter, irish is the first week, then the european languages the week after. You dont have three weeks, you have three teaching weeks and two days, and then another two weeks over the midterm.
    I'm totally with you though, I'm freaking out too, I have nothing done, like nothing! But I suppose its never too late to start :(
    Do you do a european language as well? I'm finished my written mocks now, just have to do a spanish oral tomorrow and I'm done. I dont know any roleplays, nothing!
    Does translating your facebook into irish count as studying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 milnerrm

Ha, the world cup will just be starting...:p

Ok just emerging from an emotional breka down over this fact((On the way back from study in the car about half hour ago)) Is this realy enough time, to study.This is the break down for me

1.Study for pre's
    2.Pre's
    3.Study japanese all week for pre at end of week and do ag sci projecyt
    4.Study for orals in jap and Irish and do Ag sci project
    5.Easter hols
    6.Easter hols((With revision course))
    7.Irish Oral
    8.Jap Oral
    9.May study
    10.May study
    11.May study
    12May study

Can I get 360 points if I work my butt off:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Seloth wrote: »
    Ok just emerging from an emotional breka down over this fact((On the way back from study in the car about half hour ago)) Is this realy enough time, to study.This is the break down for me

1.Study for pre's
    2.Pre's
    5.Easter hols
    7.Irish Oral
    8.Jap Oral
    9.May study
    10.May study
    11.May study
    12May study

First step is belief, not little sad faces:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

1.Study for pre's
    2.Pre's
    5.Easter hols
    7.Irish Oral
    8.Jap Oral
    9.May study
    10.May study
    11.May study
    12May study

This Ag. Science project is such a dose! But yeah, you've loads of time to study

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

all the orals start after easter, irish is the first week, then the european languages the week after. You dont have three weeks, you have three teaching weeks and two days, and then another two weeks over the midterm.
    I'm totally with you though, I'm freaking out too, I have nothing done, like nothing! But I suppose its never too late to start :(
    Do you do a european language as well? I'm finished my written mocks now, just have to do a spanish oral tomorrow and I'm done. I dont know any roleplays, nothing!
    Does translating your facebook into irish count as studying?

Correction: European languages is the first week, then Irish!:pac:

Flecktarn wrote: »

REALLY?!?!?! we got told the other way around. cue official freakout, i hate not being organised!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Yes, you definitely can.

1.Study for pre's
    2.Pre's
    5.Easter hols
    7.Irish Oral
    8.Jap Oral
    9.May study
    10.May study
    11.May study
    12May study

were both going for the same thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cli2931

Flecktarn wrote: »

Nope. That's only in one half of the country. Irish is first with european languages second in the other half (Munster, etc I think)

i knew they said irish first lol

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

*giggles* wrote: »
    Thanks OP for making me worry just that little bit more than I already am:rolleyes:

Your welcome :D

Sure if I didnt do it who else would? :p

Im picking up hope again heh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

1.Study for pre's
    2.Pre's
    5.Easter hols
    7.Irish Oral
    8.Jap Oral
    9.May study
    10.May study
    11.May study
    12May study

Having a plan is always a good first step,just ensure that you actually use it.
    As another poster pointed out you need belief that you can achieve what you want,this is important it will motivate you to study when you are tired or just couldn't be bothered.

After some fairly poor results in my Christmas exams I really got into a good routine of study and revision,far better results in my mocks and back on course for 500 points(Hopefully):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

REALLY?!?!?! we got told the other way around. cue official freakout, i hate not being organised!

Em I'm pretty sure it is! Well in my school anyways I presume it's the same in yours, although I'm in the west...

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

The country is divided in two: one half has Irish first, European language second and the other half vice versa. I have Irish first, German second...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

If you work consistently for the next three months you'll get it no bother, so less of the worry and stress!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

I suppose you could....if you get off Boards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Now do me, all I got are Cs and Ds in the mocks thus far (rest likely to be D/F), any chance of me getting 570 points for lc? :p

Had a tottal turn around today and very happy and optomistic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

Dubs wrote: »
    Its probably not what everyone wants to hear, but it might just give some of you that kick that you need!

In exactly 100 days we will be one hour into english paper 1, and it will be the quickest 100 days you have ever gone through :P Honestly, it flies by!

Study, study, study!

My maths teacher said the same thing a couple of weeks ago-you could actually smell the panic in the room, but saying that it did give me a good kick up the arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

H2student wrote: »
    Now do me, all I got are Cs and Ds in the mocks thus far (rest likely to be D/F), any chance of me getting 570 points for lc? :p

Think of the magical class filled with Boardsies....
    Now depending on how much you want that outcome either way.... STUDY LIKE THE BEJAYZUS!!! :D

Thats the limit to my useful information I'm afraid....:o

Advertisement