Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costa Coffee

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BennyBlanko

All these places are dropping like Flies.

The game is long over charging too much for just OK coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Their other branches around the country are still open.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Could be just that the holder of the franchise there has decided to get out of that particular businesses.
    ...Or renovations?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Maybe someone confused it with a Head Shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Meh, most places in town are charging ridiculous prices for a cup of coffee anyway. The only problem with some places closing is less competition for the ones that survive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Ardent wrote: »
    I passed by Costa Coffee on Dawson St this morning and the shop has been gutted! Totally emptied! I'm devastated tbh, was the best coffee in Dublin.

Does anyone know if they've gone busto? The only info I can find is a snippet about the guys who run the Irish operation (they were also behind the failed Jeans Scene franchise):

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/jean-scene-folds-ahead-of-creditors-meeting-2078602.html

Theres a sign on the door says they're relocating. Doesn't say where to though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Biggins wrote: »
    Could be just that the holder of the franchise there has decided to get out of that particular businesses.

His bank manager probably told him to wake up and smell the coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Ardent wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they've gone busto?

Come off the coffee! Quick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As it relates to the Dublin branch I'll bump it over to DC.
    If it would have been the Waterford branch it would have been moved there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can't say I'm sorry that place was an absolute eyesore with some truly monstrous signage that was never granted planning permission.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I don't remember ever seeing this particular shop, but there's still Starbucks down there for equally average coffee,
    Costa is still upstairs in Jervis Shopping centre so I'd say its just something to do with whoever was running the particular franchise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 docklands

reckon owners had a 364 day lease and got out pre March 1st (their birthday?). There's some NAMA connection and anyway, the coffee and snacks were laughably expensive, the staff dour (in general) and the place tatty.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

bout 1.90

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

docklands wrote: »
    the coffee and snacks were laughably expensive, the staff dour (in general) and the place tatty.

Have to agree with you on all the above points. The coffee was good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

The Baggot Street area is like a coffee shop graveyard...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BennyBlanko

The Baggot Street area is like a coffee shop graveyard...

yep, agreed.

Advertisement