Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raheen

Options
  • 01-03-2010 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Anyone able to fill me in on Raheen?
    Just possibly going to be renting there for a while soon and was wondering what the place was like.
    Anything I should know, and any info on GAA, pubs, community etc.
    And just what the general place is like to live in.

Also, now that I think of it, when the new motorway is done, will you be able to join it close by and will there be a toll gantry on it.
    Not from Laois so haven't a clue about the area.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

raheen is about half way between abbeyleix and portlaoise.

im not from there but i pass it every day.

There is a few pubs, a primary school, church shops etc... and theres a glanbia factory nearby. I expect its a small community. Due to its location its easily accessible to get to abbeyleix or portlaoise for eating out, nightlife etc.

regarding the motorway way, currently coming from dublin youlll take the cork turnoff, i would expect that to continue to be the quickest way.

coming from the south i expect there to be a turn off on teh junction of teh motorway and teh mountrath / abbeyleix road (im not sure though). this would be the quickest way as raheen of only about 3 miles off the mouthrath / abbeyleix road.

Advertisement