Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5530 - Problem

Options
  • 01-03-2010 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭

My Nokia 5530 is switching itself off constantly when I either receive or try to make a call. A little investigation onlione and it appears that this is a widespread issue with this phone.

I bought the phone from O2 in December just gone but I obviously don't have the receipt.

Just a couple of questions:

1. Has anyone had this problem with this phone, how did you resolve it? I believe from checking it out online that this is not a software issue.

2. I presume the phone is in warranty. Is the warranty in place through you giving the shop your phone number when you buy the phone.

3. What can I expect the response to be from O2, will they fix the phone or give me a replacement, or tell me to feck off?

This is a speak easy phone if that makes a difference.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

24 month warranty. You can go into o2 and let them send it away for you, or you can go directly to the mobile phone repair centre, whichever is nearest to you.

Find your local one here: http://www.nokia.ie/store-locator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 fatheadsgt

I have the same problem. I brought it back to the O2 store and they sent it away. I got it back 3 weeks later and am still having the same problem. Can not wait to get rid of it. They don't know what the problem is. I think that it is just a poorly made phone. Too many people having the same problem:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Im having the exact same problem. Brought the phone to my nokia repair centre and they sent it away. Got it back a few days later, it has made 1 phone call and is now knocking itself off again once I try to make a phone call.

Think its time to look elsewhere.

Advertisement