Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo frames in Galway City at a good price

Options
  • 01-03-2010 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Where's best to pick them up?

I'm looking for A3 size, possibly bigger, and don't wanna be ripped off as I've seen some stupidly priced ones.

Anywhere recommend somewhere to pick one up?

Nothing flashy, just simple plain design.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Tescos do plain and cheap photo frames in various sizes but they are very plain!

Ive recently gotten some nice wodden photo frames in Hughes in Claregalway...may be a bit out of the way for you but they were very reasonable for the quality. duno how this equates to your A3 but photo sizes were 6x4, 7x5 and 10x8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I actually had to buy several photo frames of varying sizes for a project a while back. I had a pretty limited budget as the organisation involved had limited funds. I needed A5 A4 A3 and A2 frames and after scouring Galway found the best selection and best prices in Atlantic Homecare. They had a good range of styles and sizes with prices for pretty much every pocket. They weren't cheap cheap but at the same time I was able to get large simple frames that were pretty decent quality at a reasonable price. Everywhere else I looked wanted silly money for the equivalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

fifib wrote: »
    Tescos do plain and cheap photo frames in various sizes but they are very plain!

Ive recently gotten some nice wodden photo frames in Hughes in Claregalway...may be a bit out of the way for you but they were very reasonable for the quality. duno how this equates to your A3 but photo sizes were 6x4, 7x5 and 10x8

Thanks, would prefer to stay in the city, so will check out Tesco. But price may dictate if I check out Hughes in Claregalway:)
    I actually had to buy several photo frames of varying sizes for a project a while back. I had a pretty limited budget as the organisation involved had limited funds. I needed A5 A4 A3 and A2 frames and after scouring Galway found the best selection and best prices in Atlantic Homecare. They had a good range of styles and sizes with prices for pretty much every pocket. They weren't cheap cheap but at the same time I was able to get large simple frames that were pretty decent quality at a reasonable price. Everywhere else I looked wanted silly money for the equivalent.

Thanks for that, what kinda price were you getting them for do you mind me asking?

Was that in Atlantic Homecare in Welpark?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

depending on when you need them, I'm taking a trip to Ikea specifically for photo frames next week sometime.

You're welcome to either tell me what to pick up or come along for the trip.. (it's my first time driving to Dublin 'cause I just passed my test)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Xiney wrote: »
    depending on when you need them, I'm taking a trip to Ikea specifically for photo frames next week sometime.

You're welcome to either tell me what to pick up or come along for the trip.. (it's my first time driving to Dublin 'cause I just passed my test)

Was out in Ikea yesterday and was looking at the photo frames. Great selection and great prices. You might want to replace the mounts though as I've been told by a printer that they'll fade over time (Having said that some of the mounts did claim to be fade-proof).

• Advertisement

Yeah, I've been shopping around for frames for a while now and I must say, Ikea's prices really just can't be beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Thanks for the offer Xiney, but I actually got sorted there on lunch.

Congrats on passing your test too:)

Searched around town for ages, found nothing, checking shops from Tesco, to Woodies, Options, TK Maxx and a few others I've forgotten names of, but general gift shops in town. Nothing there that I was looking for.

But on my last check, I said I'd just check Easons, thinking the definitely won't have them.

And lo and behold, bang on, A3, plain frames, in dark brown or beige, for only €9.99. Just what I needed. So all sorted.

For the record, the biggest selection of frames in general seemed to be in TK Maxx, and at great prices too. So anybody looking for some in town, check there first.

Again thanks all for the help:)

Oh, I'll have to check out Easons before I bother going all the way to Ikea so!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,468 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

If ye just looking for no frills frames, Euro2 have various shapes and sizes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭lovelyhome

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement