Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 10 v 10 Tournament

Options
  • 01-03-2010 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Ok guys, there is a 10 v 10 fifa website that organises tournaments etc, was thinking about setting up a Boards XI club for this. It would only be a once off thing every couple of weeks for a night (prob a sunday). Played in it with another website about 2 weeks ago against other community forums (Planet fifa...sweetpatch fc and two others) and we won it. If your interested just put down your xbox username here. Ill have more details soon. :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Ok guys, there is a 10 v 10 fifa website that organises tournaments etc, was thinking about setting up a Boards XI club for this. It would only be a once off thing every couple of weeks for a night (prob a sunday). Played in it with another website about 2 weeks ago against other community forums (Planet fifa...sweetpatch fc and two others) and we won it. If your interested just put down your xbox username here. Ill have more details soon. :cool:

Sounds good man, you have my GT. Few regulars off the club that know one another would be the best bet dont ya think!?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

yeah for sure but we need 10...cant play with 8 or 9..im sure we could get 10 easy but we would need some lads to fill in so a list of regulars as well as lads who dont mind being backup as well...if enough people sign up then we could perhaps enter two teams and everyone will get to play so it would be better to get 22 players as opposed to 12. Boards A vs Boards B :p As I said it will happen every few weeks or more and its absolutly great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

Count me in!

I think it would be better with two equal boards teams against each other

yeah obviously it would but it all depends on numbers...if we get 10 we play one team...if we get 20 we have two teams that play...anyone that plays clubs knows how good it is. We have a good lot in the Boards club but not all are active for one reason or another...this might be a good way of stirring up interest and getting everyone involved. Ok we got 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

We used to have a team set up, might give a few of the lads that played with us a shout.
    Need to get the 10v10 trophy then just need one more trophy for platinum :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

im in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Ahh just seen that this is for Xbox360, I'm out :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Will you send on a PM when you get more details...

Not going to drag ye down with my skills but will act as the reporter on the sideline. Then I'll say something about your son to piss you off and you won't speak to me, only my competition :D

🤪

ok we got 4 and parawind id say...so 5. Sabre thats a cool idea...we are the best in Ireland so might as well represent Eire :pac:

What about

Greg
    Soby
    allhailtheirish
    corcaigh
    cashelman
    GME
    bonescap
    arciphal
    lamposts

You guys interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Count me in. I'm the Stevie G of the club. My long range shots are legend... wait for it DARY.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

If i'm not working on the sunday of the tournment i'll definitly play. any idea what time they usually start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

i'm on board but will need to know times

Last time I played it was 7.30 till 10 on a sunday...they are in the process of setting up a clubs league as well but im waiting for them to announce a cup competition. The website is FVPA.co.uk.

FIFA VIRTUAL PRO ASSOCIATION

No times or dates yet but it looks like we only need 5-6 more for one team.

Ye I'll play.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Sounds like a laugh, sign me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i could probably help out, ya!

yapa (1)
    story (2)
    parawind (3)
    hokem (4)
    mark (5)
    GME (6)
    bonescap (7)
    lamposts (8)
    mr moon (9)

we have these lads so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I'm in, would absolutely love this. Even with club games ye rarely get more than 4 or 5. I usually like to play defense but i've never gotten the chance to play defense with other players because they usually take the forward positions.

FVPA Sunday League Rules

3 Points for a win, 1 point for a draw...In the event of Teams being level on points at the end of the season, goal difference will be used to determine Final League placing.
    Transfers will only take place between FVPA League clubs...players that aren't contracted to a club...are classed as a free agent and can be signed anytime.
    Mininium amount of players needed to start a League game will be 7 Players, ideally we hope Managers would try to field a full 10 players.
    League matches will take place on a Sunday evening, kick off time to be arranged by both Managers and posted within fvpa Forums.

We will be using Automatic League Fixture software, this will produce Fixture list consisting of all teams entered, and will be posted on fvpa.co.uk for all to see.

Game Rules..Each team to submit Squad sheet before Season starts, these players will be contracted to your club for the season...., this can be checked by 4th Official on EA Sports World Clubs.
    Each Team can have as many Players in their squad.Transfers will only take place between FVPA League clubs...players that aren't contracted to a club...are classed as a free agent and can be signed anytime.

Each Team will have 3 attempts to start game thru club invite, due to players lagging out before game comences.
    Managers to decide if they are going to play with an ANY.

Winning Manager to post result in (FVPA Sunday LeagueTable)

We will need a pool of players for cover if people cant make a certain sunday or have connection issues. We have ten players who said ok to this. If your still ok and want to earn your first irish fifa cap :p then 'thank' this post please. Stay classy San Diego.

yapa (1)
    story (2)
    parawind (3)
    hokem (4)
    mark (5)
    GME (6)
    bonescap (7)
    lamposts (8)
    mr moon (9)
    call me jimmy (10)
    corcaigh (11)
    sRooney(12)
    Mr Robinson (13)
    moiph (14)

we have these lads so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

I'll play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Srooney03

Put me in if u can dude

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

any word on what time on a sunday?

its a club league format, the times would be agreed upon by the two managers. So any time that suits both teams. Would prob agree upon the time a week in advance so people can book time off for the game. Its only one game a week i think. On average we may only get 6/10 regular players at any given week so there is a need for 'subs'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Will it be just the one match a week?

id say it would be one league match a week and whatever friendly's and/or cup competitions are set.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭tiernanmul_gos

i might be interested:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Application Rules & Template

Now ye just need to find a team name. No word on start date as yet it seems.

🤪

done sabre...application sent in...i know a lad on the voting council...under the table wad of money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 FVPA

Hi Guys
    Quick update your League application is in for FVPA Sunday League
    League Committee meeting taken place on 21st March.
    FVPA Super Sunday Tournament 28th March.
    FVPA Sunday League Kicks off 4th April.

FVPA Super Sunday Tournament - Sunday 28th March 19:00 GMT

We have thought about the date and time of this competition to fit in with everyone, if it is a problem for your Team let us know ASAP.

Sporting Club Corinthians - Yorkie Blades & Bluenilsatis
    Freedom Footballers FC - Devenomized
    Sweetpatch FC - AJReid
    Planet Fifa -
    PJAY1892LFC

XBLN FC - ARightTouch & Rising Star 89
    Baker Athletic - Baker011,Stewbed,Richardj1
    Goldenballz - danielrh
    Eire XI - Yapamillias
    Alvo Athletic FC - Skinty Mac
    Substandard Liege
    - KingAndyXVII

Once we know how many teams we will send you the format and rules, we look forward to hosting our 2nd Tournament after the great success we had regarding FVPA Community Shield.
    4th Official be on Hand during the competition as an official unconnected with any of the teams entering to ensure it runs as smooth as possible!

Mark & Kel

Advertisement