Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choirs in Waterford City

• 01-03-2010 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hey guys,

I'm moving to Waterford in the next few weeks and would love to join a choir in the city but can't find any details of good choirs or auditions? I'm in my mid 20's and a soprano.....any help at all would be great!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Welcome to waterford, hope you like the place. Not to sure about choirs to be honest but Im sure someone will help you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Hiya, you could try contacting the folks at the Symphony Club Of Waterford http://scow.ie/contact.html who would be better placed to point you towards options. I know the pretty good choir associated with Christchurch and managed by Dr. Eric Sweeney is an option but obviously that possibly points you towards a religious commitment.

Waterford is a Death Metal town :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There is a male choir but they would be out of your age group - more your parents age. Very good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

This came up not too long ago.

Here's the thread from October. jonnyfingers is in Ad Hoc as he mentions and might have information on whether they're looking for new members etc.

And this was posted up last year too. That girl hasn't been active since January so I don't think PMing her would do you any good but maybe there's some information about that choir to be found elsewhere?

EDIT:
    A quick Google brought up some contact information for Anne Barry, from that Voci choir.
    Link
    Even if that choir is no longer in existence or something, Anne will definitely be able to tell you about anything that's going on in Waterford from a choral perspective. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Theres the Waterford Peace Choir, its main focus is gospel/folk. It was formed by Phil Brennan I'm not sure how to join but if you contact the Sacred Heart Church, Folly, Waterford I'm sure they can help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭kitty_kilkenny

cbds wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm moving to Waterford in the next few weeks and would love to join a choir in the city but can't find any details of good choirs or auditions? I'm in my mid 20's and a soprano.....any help at all would be great!

Hello, there are several really good choirs in Waterford that you might be interested in - Ad Hoc Chorale, Madrigallery, Voci. Most of them take on new members around September and January.
    I'll send you contact details by PM tomorrow.

Advertisement