Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BJ Penns side escape... wow!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Jailbreak is tough with long legs like mine, but you can reduce the amount of flexibility you need by turning your body, but when you have rubber hips like BJ there is no need :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I think I might be able to bend my leg like that :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I still have to take my hand off the hip to help my leg get in under and it's alot less smooth. Damn his flexibility!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Must see if i can do this tomorrow. Might be able to do in training, not sure if i could do it again GSP in UFC WW championship fight after getting a beating.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Hmmm, I do that all the time. I'm going to take a logical leap here and say Me=BJ

• Advertisement

I think I might be able to bend my leg like that :confused:
    Result:
    Leg bend = yes
    Successfully executed = No
    More practice needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Must see if i can do this tomorrow. Might be able to do in training, not sure if i could do it again GSP in UFC WW championship fight after getting a beating.

GSP was like a bar of soap though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Tried this with Ray yesterday before a class... I'm pretty flexible so getting the foot in wasn't a problem.

Pushing him away like BJ did... ha ha forget about it :P

Must do more yoga... flexibility and strength!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

MaeveD wrote: »
    Tried this with Ray yesterday before a class... I'm pretty flexible so getting the foot in wasn't a problem.

Pushing him away like BJ did... ha ha forget about it :P

Must do more yoga... flexibility and strength!

You are using your foot more like a hook to pull yourself back to guard, rather then trying to push your opponent.

look again.... he pushes him away :)

• Advertisement

look again.... he pushes him away :)

While GSP moves slightly in response to the pressure BJ is applying, if you look at both of them in relation to the graphic printed on the canvas, its bj that moves more(Which is the correct use of the jailbreak)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thUHGQyYrjc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

BJ makes it look prettier

While GSP moves slightly in response to the pressure BJ is applying, if you look at both of them in relation to the graphic printed on the canvas, its bj that moves more(Which is the correct use of the jailbreak)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thUHGQyYrjc

yawn :confused:
    someone taking this a bit too seriously!

yawn :confused:
    someone taking this a bit to seriously!

Yawn.
    Someone doesnt take advice too graciously.

Who asked for advice?

Who asked for advice?

You mentioned that you had problems pulling off the technique, and i tried to offer a possible reason it wasnt working, and some advice that might help.

I'm pretty new to boards, so my apologies if I have over stepped the line.

This thread is not serious, it's having a laugh trying to do a 'BJ' escape the way mr rubber does it.... you misunderstood, it's not an 'I can't get out of side control, what am I doing wrong' one!

Welcome to boards plastikman, beware of giving advice when it's not asked for... we get grumpy, especially me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Gorey_R

No you didn't overstep the line. What do you expect when you offer advice to people with a bad attitude? You weren't to know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

So much hostility

There's only one way to settle this

MrStuffins wrote: »
    So much hostility

There's only one way to settle this

Oh not again.Last time I competed in this I exploded from brutality and left behind 4 ribcages, 3 skulls and 26 limbs!!

Anyone get this reference >_>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭cletus

does underarmour actually sponser that sh1t? and why do they glove up the hand thats gonna be taped and therefor not used

Gorey_R wrote: »
    No you didn't overstep the line. What do you expect when you offer advice to people with a bad attitude? You weren't to know!

Yet again, I didn't ask for advice.... so I'm not the one with a bad attitude!
    I could quote what bad attitude from Maeve might sound like, but 1. I'd get banned and 2., I really couldn't be arsed right now :)

Mr Stuffins, I would actually love to do that... another girl though, not one of those monsters... did I say I was feeling a bit grumpy? :)

Under Armour didn't want anything to do with nasty MMA when Fightlord started selling their stuff.... now they're using GSP in their ads... I doubt they sponsor that madness though, it's just that everyone in the US who does MMA wears the stuff.

Anyone get this reference >_>[/QUOTE]

Nope... ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

cletus wrote: »
    does underarmour actually sponser that sh1t? and why do they glove up the hand thats gonna be taped and therefor not used
    AFAIK that's from 4/5 years ago when UA wasn't as large a company. They might have signed up for a deal thinking it was the next big thing.

Today we were having lots of fun trying to do Jeff Glovers swiss ball stuff... must look for it on youtube later, so you guys who haven't seen it can have a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭cletus

Anyone get this reference >_>

did somebody shout "Finish Him"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Saw one of these fights where the two "fighters" came apart from the bond and the comentator quite seriuosly said "That just shows you the power these two warriors have. Not even the velcro can hold them together."

Advertisement