Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia X6 16G

• 01-03-2010 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hello

Nokia UK site offers Nokia X6 16G for 299 STG – looks like good price, considering ebay price is around 350 eur.

The only problem is delivery in the UK mainland only.Any ideas how to deliver to Dublin?

Any reviews of Nokia X6 16G in Ireland ? How does it compare with HTC Hero?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 VPS

Unfortunately no contacts in the UK, that’s why posted this question.

Ebay is another option although looks a bit risky.

I’ve bought a few small things like cables from ebay but never a mobile.

What are downsides of buying mobile from ebay? Probably loss of guarantee and risk of getting refurbished product?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Keep an eye on adverts,I sold a brand new one there the other day im sure there will be more popping up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

If the Nokia on ebay is from/sold within the eurozone then you should be fine. worked out fine for me a few years back with an N95 from ebay.

Going to Florida for holidays in 3 weeks time. Heard stories about electronics in US being much cheaper than in Ireland.
    buying X6 or similar mobile in States seems to be a good idea.

Any pitfalls? Or suggestions for reputable electronics store in Orlando or Miami?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

they are available in ireland from phones online
    fm mobiles say they will have it this week
    or just book cheap flight to london and get it in store fly back same day i was nearly doing that myself
    so far i find the phone great it will be a while before the networks pick it up here

• Registered Users Posts: 36 the_vick

I was in the Three store in Dundrum on Sunday giving out about their poor selecting of phones (I've been waiting 2 years for a suitable upgrade) and the guy working there told me that they were going to be launching the X6 in Ireland this week. Also the Nokia 5830 (or something like that, can't remember the number).

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

Nokia X6 16gb

Nokia X6 white, LG GW300 & LG GM205 will be exclusively available for Vodafone customers online tomorrow and in-store on Friday.

http://twitter.com/VodafoneIreland

vodafone dont know when they are getting the phone in i was in with them today where they distrubute them for all the shops
    as poster above said 3 have a bad selection of phones yes they do this is a downfall for them
    the 5530 is prob what they was talking about no such phone yet as 5830
    maybe down the road
    it be a surprise to see them woth the x6 before vodafone

aparantly nokia now intend to release phones with one number and one letter
    have a read below

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_c5_goes_official_puts_the_phone_back_in_smartphone-news-1480.php

• Advertisement

yes warranty will only be valid for us which is a pain
    ive seen the phone on play.com for 379 euro they are safe
    its on simply electronics but i believe they are not so safe

jimmynokia wrote: »
    vodafone dont know when they are getting the phone in i was in with them today where they distrubute them for all the shops

Well I would be more inclined to believe whats posted on the official vodafone twitter account by all accounts. Tomorrow will tell ;)

yes it will we will know tomor maybe they just said that but i will know this evening as i deliver to voda every day lol be interesting to see buddy;)

nothing on web site as yet :D

Don't underestimate Twitter!!! :-D

Nokia X6 handset now available exclusively online. Pay Monthly pricing from €89.99 on selected plans, prepay €289

http://twitter.com/VodafoneIreland/status/9973468179

Vodafone’s 269 euro for X6 looks like good bargain, comparing with say phones online price of 543 eur!

I’m currently with Meteor, mainly because friends are with Meteor. Is it worth switching to Vodafone to get X6?

My understanding that I can keep my Meteor number.
    Is this correct?
    What is minimal period to switch back ?

I don't think there is a minimun period you have to stay with them, although I could be wrong. But you have to have €130 spent on credit before they will unlock the phone for you and yes you can keep your full meteor number if you port to Vodafone

VPS wrote: »
    Vodafone’s 269 euro for X6 looks like good bargain, comparing with say phones online price of 543 eur!

I’m currently with Meteor, mainly because friends are with Meteor. Is it worth switching to Vodafone to get X6?

My understanding that I can keep my Meteor number.
    Is this correct?
    What is minimal period to switch back ?

yes you can port number not sure of minimum contact depends f you goin on bill or prepay id stick with meteor though better bundles avail
    im on bill pay max ive free calls to any number free text to any number and both these is anytime all day everyday and 1gb data allowance

• Advertisement

Don't underestimate Twitter!!! :-D

Nokia X6 handset now available exclusively online. Pay Monthly pricing from €89.99 on selected plans, prepay €289

http://twitter.com/VodafoneIreland/status/9973468179

online only not in store they got the 6730s in today{in store stock} i know that for fact:D

it dont say weather its the 16gb or 32gb though
    id say its the 16gb for the price not bad just lets see what operator junk they have on it:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

VPS wrote: »

Different product though I think, The phones online price looks to be the old X6 product with the unlimited music download as oppose to the relaunched version without that is being priced alot cheaper

Advertisement