Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tile Adhesive : Which One?

Options
  • 01-03-2010 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

I am just about to have the house tiled and I am trying to decide on what type of Adhesive I should get. We have underfloor and I just want to make sure a good quality flexible adhesive is used so the tiles don't crack.

20kg Evostik Grey Flexible Adhesive @ €20
    20kg Evostik Whilte Flexible Adhesive @ €22
    20kg Dunlop White Flexible Adhesive @ €30

The tiles are polished porcelain 45cm x 45cm, the guys at the trade counter said the Dunlop is the best job, but recommended the evostik due to the cost difference. The tiler was also thinking evostik as he has never use the Dunlop bags.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

I recently finished tiling the whole downstairs of my house (approx 70m2) with 60x30 polished porcelain laid on grey flexi Evostik adhesive.

Very happy with the Evostik adhesive and also on on underfloor heating.

One thing I would say is to make sure that you're keeping an eye on and are happy with the tiler's work.. I wasn't around for my guy.. and now I have to pull up about 2/3 of the tiles again.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭kboc

www.alicantestone.com. I have no involvement with this company Mr Moderator! A family i know bought these over internet and phone, then got them shipped over. No problems, 100% satisfied. i think he even sent over some samples initially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pradawood

Hi Ninjabob, just wondering if you made a decision on which adhesive to use with the underfloor heating? I'm in the same situation as yourself. Each tile shop I visit I'm being told that 'their' adhesive is the best, top seller etc. in the country. My tiler did recommend BAL but it's about €40 per bag so I was thinking of the EVO-STIK as well (one tile shop did recommend that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eamono

i am a tiler, i say evostik i would not use dunlop and bal is not bad. it is true that each tilke shop says theirs is best but evostick is best!!!!!! the other one i use is benfer get it from tk trade, forge hill in cork. good luk.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ninjaBob

I got EVOSTIK for €15 a bag in a local tile shop. I just bought the adhesive from them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 LadyLee

Evostick is what my tiler used on the Porcelain floors- Good Brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lizzpayne

Hi NinjaBob,

Just wondering where you got the Evostick for €15, that seems a very good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ninjaBob

Graphic Tiles in Athlone

[Edit] should add it was during a sale weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Hi Sorry to grave dig here but am looking for recommendations/best price/ and stores for tile adhesive for porcelin tiles on concrete and also osb flooring upstairs. Grout recommendations and prices would also be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
    Pat Mckeown

Advertisement