Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone signal on Inishkea North?

Options
  • 01-03-2010 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

Not sure what the best forum for this question is but hopefully someone here will be able to help me... I'm in the early stages of planning a trip to Inishkea North. Can anyone tell me whether or not I will get a good signal on my Vodafone mobile phone on the island?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

i presume Vodafone would be able to tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭cfitz

i presume Vodafone would be able to tell you

I'm not sure that they would keep reliable data on uninhabited islands.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

cfitz wrote: »
    I'm not sure that they would keep reliable data on uninhabited islands.

if you can get decent signal on the peninsula just beside it you should be grand with the overlap of broadcast. I would presume there is a dedicated transmitter in the area to improve signal for this remote yet populated area, if it were O2 you could just look for the nearest Garda station and work out the distance as they use garda masts for their transmitters under a contract, dunno bout vodafone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Connacht

There's a big mast on top of Termon Hill that looks straight out over the Iniskeas, though I don't know which operator(s) use it - presumably all of them ?
    O2 works no problem on the islands, so just bring somebody along that is signed up with the different providers and you'll be grand.
    Enjoy out there - it's one of the most wonderful and beautiful places in Ireland.

Advertisement