Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland -v- Brazil: Emirates Stadium Tuesday 8.05pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Not that impressed with the Brazil lineup really, still think Ireland have a good chance but only if McShane is injured in the first minute and has to be subbed off.

Do you have a link to the lineup ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

McShane will teach these Samba Pussies a thing or two about Irish football tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I expect Dunga will start his strongest team minus Juan & Fabiano.

Cesar
    Maicon - Lucio - Luisao - Bastos
    Melo ---- Silva
    --- Elano --- Kaka

Adriano ---- Robinho

Just a question mark around LB - has Bastos got that nailed down? - they don't seem to have solved their problems there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭oconnon9

0-0 or 1-0 brazil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Vokes wrote: »
    I expect Dunga will start his strongest team minus Juan & Fabiano.

Cesar
    Maicon - Lucio - Luisao - Bastos
    Melo ---- Silva
    --- Elano --- Kaka

Adriano ---- Robinho

Just a question mark around LB - has Bastos got that nailed down? - they don't seem to have solved their problems there.

Are Marcelo and Alves injured? I think Marcelo could take that spot in a few years, not great defensively though. Alves is an option there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Credit has to be given to Robbie Keane for making himself available, great commitment and good example to the younger players. Compare that to the Welsh captain Craig Bellamy who doesn't even play friendlies anymore or the top English players who are constantly pulling out of friendlies and then recover miraculously for the weekend club matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Robbie Keane probably going to replace Best in the starting line-up.

FAI said “it is probable that Trapattoni will wait until the players have a light session tomorrow morning before deciding”.

Shame really, the only thing that interested me was how Best would do!

Was delighted to see Best and Doyle start, now I'm disgusted he's brought Keane it.

Leave Robbie out and give someone else a chance Traps!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Jigga wrote: »
    Credit has to be given to Robbie Keane for making himself available, great commitment and good example to the younger players.
    :eek:
    Please tell me your joking, every time I see Keane line out for a time I switch over, I'm sick of his on field antics and constant moaning which I can assure you are not a good example for kids.

Give Best a chance, Mc Shane :rolleyes: and where is Fahey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

:eek:
    Please tell me your joking, every time I see Keane line out for a time I switch over, I'm sick of his on field antics and constant moaning which I can assure you are not a good example for kids.

Give Best a chance, Mc Shane :rolleyes: and where is Fahey?

Well, theres that, or you could look at the fact he never misses a game for his country, is by a country mile our highest every EPL/International goalscorer and was absolutely crucial in the WC campaign just gone with 6 vital goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

PCros wrote: »
    Fair play on Keane on coming back for this match. Maybe he'll just get first half or similar then let Best have shot.

I predict a 2-1 win to Brazil. We always play well against good teams, don't think it will be a walkover for them.

I bet he was dying to get away from the unrelenting misery up in Celtic atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

noodler wrote: »
    Well, theres that, or you could look at the fact he never misses a game for his country, is by a country mile our highest every EPL/International goalscorer and was absolutely crucial in the WC campaign just gone with 6 vital goals.

well said. it seems like a lot of Irish people are always looking to give Keane stick, I don't get it. He mightn't be my favourite personality in the squad but I don't understand the hate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Credit has to be given to Robbie Keane for making himself available, great commitment and good example to the younger players. Compare that to the Welsh captain Craig Bellamy who doesn't even play friendlies anymore or the top English players who are constantly pulling out of friendlies and then recover miraculously for the weekend club matches.
    I'd say he'd just want to get back to London!

Are Marcelo and Alves injured? I think Marcelo could take that spot in a few years, not great defensively though. Alves is an option there too.

Alves is a RB

Marcelo is a LB

are you mad ?

Every player makes themselves available for Brazil in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Kaka vs McShane.... ;)

• Advertisement

LoL @ that Brazil lineup

We're in for a paddlin

No, seriously though I bet we wont be wolloped.

I reckon it could be close enough.

redout wrote: »
    are you mad ?

Every player makes themselves available for Brazil in fairness.

Are you mad? He rarely misses a game.

Doesn't outweigh the fact he is a gob****e and belongs in Dunphys dustbin.

Dunphy on Brazil: "After Spain and England they have to be contenders"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

bit pissed of Nilmar isnt starting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

yap

he is right

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Yeah? England are contenders and having them as one of top 2 favourites is a perfectly reasonable opinion.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Lucas off the bench to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Did Ronnie say Brazil need a Brazilian in their team instead of Gilberto?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Alves is a RB

Marcelo is a LB

Yeah, but he was tried out a few times on the left I think. It's a shame to have the 2 best RBs in the world and no notable LB, and only play one of them. It isn't a bad idea, similar to Lahm playing on the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

how long before Ronnie slates Lucas?

Are you mad? He rarely misses a game.

I am quite sane.

The other chap was saying he should be praised for making himself available for this Brazil game.

I pointed out that every player makes themselves available for Brazil friendly or not so giving the chap credit for turning up for this match is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

What's so shocking about that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

well, Brazil comfortably outplayed England not long ago.

it should really be Brazil and Spain, then England.

but it's not a big deal really.

it's only because Dunphy said it that it is.

Is Stokes on the bench? Fancy him more to snatch a goal than Best or Long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Here we go again trying to convince ourselves that England can compete in international tournament football.

SlickRic wrote: »
    well, Brazil comfortably outplayed England not long ago.

it should really be Brazil and Spain, then England.

but it's not a big deal really.

it's only because Dunphy said it that it is.

England were missing several players iirc.

I am quite sane.

The other chap was saying he should be praised for making himself available for this Brazil game.

I pointed out that every player makes themselves available for Brazil friendly or not so giving the chap credit for turning up for this match is ridiculous.

Its a very, very opportune moment to criticise. He has made himself available for an enormous amount of less glamarous internationals before this. I think it is a little micheiveous to suggest he wouldn't be here if it wasn't Brazil.

Headshot wrote: »
    yap

he is right
    Yeah? England are contenders and having them as one of top 2 favourites is a perfectly reasonable opinion.

I personally only have Spain then its a toss up between about half a dozen others tbh.

Its a very, very opportune moment to criticise. He has made himself available for an enormous amount of less glamarous internationals before this. I think it is a little micheiveous to suggest he wouldn't be here if it wasn't Brazil.

I think you are picking me up wrong.

I no doubt reckon he would be here for any game but giving special praise for this tie is ridiculous in the sense that every player would make themselves available for Brazil. Not just talking about Keane in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Is Stokes on the bench? Fancy him more to snatch a goal than Best or Long.

Don't think he was even picked

John Giles just made an absolute cracker!

Talking about playing Brazil and Dunphy mentions he was brought to Brazil as a player (when Giles was manager) and didn't get off the bench in 90 minutes.

Giles then says, it was amazing, wasn't it Eamonn - must have been around 100,00 people there and I remember about 60 minutes in, 100,000 people stood up from their seats and shouted "DUNPHY DUNPHY"!

*Cue hilarious laughter*

Guhaw Bill Guhaw

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Welcome Home Gilberto :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

did the linemen have two different flags when coming out of the tunnel??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

pitch looking very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

There's feck all people at the match. Not even half full :mad:.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

They made a fair mess of the Irish national anthem.

Would be way better at croke :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

pitch looking very well.

Of course it is, what do you expect, it is The Emirates ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Looks like that promotions crowd messed up by having it at the Emirates. Probably would have got a bigger crowd at Croker!

• Advertisement

magma69 wrote: »
    There's feck all people at the match. Not even half full :mad:.

Yes, very disappointing. I'd love to see the figures but Croker would have almost certainly been full for this one so, unless they actually would have made a loss or unless the Brazilians didn't want to come to Dublin, I really wish they had staged the game at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Of course it is, what do you expect, it is The Emirates ;)
    Yeah probably have loads of money to spend on it given the tremendous state of their finances. Wonder why Lucas isnt playing. Did rafa not release him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

John Giles just made an absolute cracker!

Talking about playing Brazil and Dunphy mentions he was brought to Brazil as a player (when Giles was manager) and didn't get off the bench in 90 minutes.

Giles then says, it was amazing, wasn't it Eamonn - must have been around 100,00 people there and I remember about 60 minutes in, 100,000 people stood up from their seats and shouted "DUNPHY DUNPHY"!

*Cue hilarious laughter*

They're the only people who make the "back in my day..." convo interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Stadium looks so empty, anthems part seemed rushed and unorganised and seemed to just start outta no where.

The whole thing seems a bit thrown together .. but not sure why...

Should have been in a smaller stadium or an Irish stadium I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Given's kit is class.

• Advertisement
Advertisement