Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland -v- Brazil: Emirates Stadium Tuesday 8.05pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

is it just me who thinks glenn whelan is a much better player than andrews?

oh hes far batter. ive felt sorry for whelan for a while now coz his rep has been dragged through the mud because of playing along side Andrews. Dont get me wrong I like Andrews' attitude but he's simply not international standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

fullstop wrote: »
    George McCartney declared for Republic of Ireland now too?
    Yeah wanted to play against the Yellow Submarine!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

To add to the whole Whelan thing, anyone notice since he has gone off they are walking thru our midfield. All seems a lot easier for Brazil now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

noodler wrote: »
    McGeady.

Its not so much for this game alone but if he really wants to go to a premiership club at some stage in his career then he really needs to be in games.

He can go such long periods without being involved and we simply cannot afford to carry players like that.

he's only on about 10 minutes :confused: Also he needs his teammates to give him the ball if he's going to do anything with it and 9 times out of 10 Ireland play a long ball looking for Doyle and lose it. It's the style of play that doesn't suit him as he is used to seeing plenty of the ball.

Lovely goal from Brazil

WHAT A FANTASTIC GOAL!!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

All over - fabulous goal though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Good football. Lol @ McShane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

quarryman wrote: »
    Jesus, Robinho really is a muck player.

Shocking alright :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

You were saying.

GREAT GOAL! hats off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Wonderful stuff, brilliant goal :)

Some touch by McShane to set that up....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Its nice football but it shouldn't be enough to dazzle us.

Great little touch there by McShane - its not his fault but he is an absolute jinx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

indeed ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

f**k you Robinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Of all the players to score, it had to be that prat. I wish he'd choke on his thumb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

McShane you knobhead

Gotta laugh at that chap.

Everything seems to go against him.

Nilmar for Robinho

Best for Doyle

Quality goal, no answer to that!

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    he's only on about 10 minutes :confused: Also he needs his teammates to give him the ball if he's going to do anything with it and 9 times out of 10 Ireland play a long ball looking for Doyle and lose it. It's the style of play that doesn't suit him as he is used to seeing plenty of the ball.

Lovely goal from Brazil

What did I say? Honestly? Did you even read my post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Shocking alright :rolleyes:

just because he scored a good goal doesnt take away from his overall performances

he has been awful

Headshot wrote: »
    just because he scored a good goal doesnt take away from his overall performances

he has been awful
    True enough, think it kind of saved his graces!!

he has been awful

indeed. I stand by my claim!

What did I say? Honestly? Did you even read my post?

yes, you said we can't carry players who don't get involved but what I said is that the team have to try and get him involved and not just hoof the ball upfield to Doyle.

he has been awful

Quarryman said he was a muck player, which he clearly isn't.

• Advertisement

McLeish. Whats he like with the blanket. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Everything goes against McShane because he is a terrible player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

When i watch mc shane i cry, not because hes in an ireland jersey, its becuase i lament the professional football career i clearly could have had if the scouts who watched him had come and watched me instead.

yes, you said we can't carry players who don't get involved but what I said is that the team have to try and get him involved and not just hoof the ball upfield to Doyle.

DDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I believe I specifically said "its not so much for this game but..."

He is a liability at this level. He does nothing for the team in a defensive sense either. Thank god Lawrence appeared on the scene.

Quarryman said he was a muck player, which he clearly isn't.

he's not a great player either

the truth lies in the middle

• Advertisement

Why is Robbie Keane still there?? If he was out until last night surely its time to give Stokes or Long a run no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Poor Lucio. He has to be one of the most miserable looking bastards i have ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

didnt see much of the game but that lad on the right wing looks promising...did he have a good game all round?

he has been awful

How is he a shocking player? He is incredibly gifted, but has an attitude problem. When he's interested he is usually very very good.

daithijjj wrote: »
    When i watch mc shane i cry, not because hes in an ireland jersey, its becuase i lament the professional football career i clearly could have had if the scouts who watched him had come and watched me instead.
    Funny thing is he made a wonderful debut at lansdowne road a few years back against the Czech Republic if im right. Genuinely feel sorry for the lad. Just seems to make one mistake after another.

he's not a great player either

the truth lies in the middle

He could be a very good player maybe great if he didn't have the Brazilian gene. Anyway he's not muck.

How is he a shocking player? He is incredibly gifted, but has an attitude problem. When he's interested he is usually very very good.

and he has been awful tonight

what are you getting at :confused:

and he has been awful tonight

what are you getting at :confused:

WTF are you getting at? You said he is awful. So now because he was 'awful' tonight that makes him muck as a player overall? He's still been better than 90% of the Irish team. He also has a goal and an assist incase you hadn't noticed :rolleyes:

DDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I believe I specifically said "its not so much for this game but..."

He is a liability at this level. He does nothing for the team in a defensive sense either. Thank god Lawrence appeared on the scene.

seriously, what is wrong with you? Ireland play the same style every game and just hoof it up to Doyle. I can read and I wasn't talking about this game but about Ireland's play as a whole. The fact is that McGeady is a creative player and that doesn't fit into Trap's setup because he plays defensive football, it's not his fault, it's bad management

Also if this is how you react everytime someone disagrees with you I really feel sorry for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Funny thing is he made a wonderful debut at lansdowne road a few years back against the Czech Republic if im right. Genuinely feel sorry for the lad. Just seems to make one mistake after another.

Had a quality game that night..but then was at fault for Kollers goal :P

• Advertisement

WTF are you getting at? You said he is muck. So now because he was 'awful' tonight that makes him muck? He's still been better than 90% of the Irish team. He also has a goal and an assist incase you hadn't noticed :rolleyes:

ahhh where did I say he was muck ?

im telling ya fullstop, your confusing me big time here

One of few bright aspects of the match for me is Stephen Kellys performance, I hope he gets more games with Fulham and can push on with his career.

WTF are you getting at? You said he is awful. So now because he was 'awful' tonight that makes him muck as a player overall? He's still been better than 90% of the Irish team. He also has a goal and an assist incase you hadn't noticed :rolleyes:

I think you may want to re-work your statistics. He is better than 100% of the Irish team ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I bet nobody wants to exchange their shirt with McShane at the end of the game.

no he didn't, i did. slight hyperbole but i still reckon he has underperformed at the highest level.

he's no McShane, put it that way.

ahhh where did I say he was muck ?

im telling ya fullstop, your confusing me big time here

And you're talking out of your hole

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Aidric wrote: »
    I bet nobody wants to exchange their shirt with McShane at the end of the game.
    Id exchange his shirt, any ****ing country that would take him :D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

seriously, what is wrong with you? Ireland play the same style every game and just hoof it up to Doyle. I can read and I wasn't talking about this game but about Ireland's play as a whole. The fact is that McGeady is a creative player and that doesn't fit into Trap's setup because he plays defensive football, it's not his fault, it's bad management

Also if this is how you react everytime someone disagrees with you I really feel sorry for you

Hahahahah. Are you a Celtic fan per chance?

Seriously, have you seen Hunt, Duff and Lawrence play? They actually play, they don't hide on one corner of the pitch like cowards hoping somebody gives them the ball in space. They can pass it, they can work the ball, they can track back, they can actually get involved in the play even if they aren't one-on-one with a fullback.

Like I said already, when you misread (intentionally or otherwise) my post, it is not so much for this game but lets be honest, its been half an hour and he has hardly got involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

keanes been very greedy tonight...

• Advertisement

no he didn't, i did. slight hyperbole but i still reckon he has underperformed at the highest level.

exactly the lad is one of most over-rated players around

Advertisement