Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Council bin collection help needed.

Options
  • 01-03-2010 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Hi,

I just moved into a new house yesterday. I was in the Fingal Co. council area before. So the previous tenants left no information on the bin collection. I don't know whether they're paid up or not (they left the bins full to the brim too which was nice of em :).)

So I was thinking the easiest thing to do would be to pay up for the year for our address. I was just wondering whats the best way to go about this as I'm a new customer?

Can I just go into a local post office open a new account and pay right there and they will send out the stickers for the bins? Or will I need to go into a council office?

Thanks a million for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Can buy the stickers for the bins (blue ones) in Post Offices and some shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

Can buy the stickers for the bins (blue ones) in Post Offices and some shops.

This house has black,brown and green bins, it'd be great if I could get these in the post office...

You don't need to set up an account with them (Dublin city council) do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

wayne0308 wrote: »
    This house has black,brown and green bins, it'd be great if I could get these in the post office...

You don't need to set up an account with them (Dublin city council) do you?

Oh they're actually bins, thought they were just bags. Not too sure on them. Best bet is to ring up Dublin City Council.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

Oh they're actually bins, thought they were just bags. Not too sure on them. Best bet is to ring up Dublin City Council.

Ah that's grand, I'll give them a shout now and see.

Update: The guy said there were two accounts already open on the house so have to get on to the landlord to close them as theres money owed.

Advertisement