Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Design Books?

Options
  • 01-03-2010 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Im looking into learning web design, i've already self thought myself Photoshop to a fairly high level, so now I want to move on to something else.
    I'd like to be able to put together a portfolio site for myself (Im an Architectural Technologist), but also, I'd like to be able to do a bit of work on the side.

Im just wondering, is there any books that the users on here would see as a "must have" for learning. Preferably I'd like to learn dreamweaver, but understand that to be truly proficient i'd have to learn html etc., so im just wondering what the "right" course of action for this would be.

I was looking at a couple of them "For Dummies" books, one of them is a 9-in-One, and claims to cover everything from layout to hosting, but i'd like to get the opinion of seasoned designers on this one.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

You seem entirely focused on learning software. Remember, design theory & user psychology is a major part of web design, I would recommend this, this and this to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

Thanks for that, I'll try get my hands on them.

I do seem a bit focused on the software alrite, ill admit that, but its just a personal thing, i like to be able to use the software farily effectively before i start designing, that way i can play around in it i guess. But I understand what you mean about theory and psychology.

Advertisement