Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arceus Event

Options
  • 01-03-2010 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

I can't believe this wasn't posted already
    There's an actual Pokemon event COMING in selected Game stores!!! Here's the dates:

Saturday 13th March
    Glasgow Fort - 285 Provan Walk, Glasgow Fort Shopping Centre, Junction 10 - M8, Glasgow, G34 9DY
    Castle Court, Belfast - Unit 55, Castle Court Shopping Centre, Belfast Ireland, BT1 1DD
    The Fort, Manchester - Unit 18, Manchester Fort, Shopping Centre, Manchester, Lancashire, M8 8EP
    Nuneaton - 7-9 Queens Road, Nuneaaton, Warickshire, CV11 5JL
    Swansea - Unit 2, The Pod, Morfa Retail Park, Swansea, West Glamorgan, SA1 7DF
    Oxford St, London - 100 Oxford Street, London, W1D 9LL
    Brighton - 43-44 Western Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 2EB

Sunday 14th March
    Dundee- ...
    Craigavon (Belfast) - Unit 16, Rushmere Shopping Centre, Craigavon, BT64 1AA

Meadowhall, Sheffield - Unit 29, High Street, Meadowhall Centre, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S9 1EN
    Bedford - 27-29 Midland Road, Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK40 1PL
    Cardiff - 92 Queen Street, Cardiff, South Glamorgan, CF10 2GR
    Norwich - 2-10 Back of the Inns, Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 1PT
    Portsmouth - 226 Commercial Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 1HG

Saturday 20th March
    Gateshead - 17 Red Pathway, Metro Centre, Gateshead, NE11 9HX
    Preston - Unit 8, Fishergate Centre, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 8HJ
    Selfridges, Birmingham - 2nd Floor, Upper Mall East, Bullring, Birmingham, B5 4BP
    Aylesbury - Units 36-37, Friars Sq. Shopping Centre, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP20 2SP
    Cabot Circus, Bristol - SU16 Cabot Circus, Broadmead, Bristol, BS1 3BH
    Kingston - 64-66 Clearence Street, Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 1NP
    Plymouth - 81-83 New George Street, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 1RB

Sunday 21st March
    Newcastle - 3 Chevy Chase, Eldon Square, Newcastle, Tyne and Wear, NE1 7XP
    Liverpool - Unit 44, South John Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 8BU
    Wolverhampton - 55 Dudley Street, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WW1 3EY
    Harrow - 68-70 St Anns Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 1JX
    Hanley - 214-215 The Potteries, Hanley, Staffordshire, ST1 1PS
    Reading - Unit 18, Oracle Shopping Centre Reading, Berkshire, RG1 2AQ
    Monks Cross, Callington - Unit B, Monks Cross Retail Park, Huntington, York, YO32 9GX

And what you can do on the day:
    Celebrate the launch of
    Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

In the two weeks running up to the launch of Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver, GAME will be hosting events in selected stores.
    You'll be the first to play HeartGold & SoulSilver, meet other Pokémon fans to trade, collect and battle to determine who is the best trainer. And if that weren't enough there'll be face painting and balloon modelling in selected stores and a Pokémon expert to give you hints and tips - who knows he may accept a challenge or two!
    Best is yet to come! You'll have the chance to download the Mighty Arceus to your copy of Pokémon Diamond, Pokémon Pearl & Pokémon Platinum!
    So don't forget to bring your DS Lite, DSi or DSi XL with you.

Arceus_Formes.gif
    Yes, it's the lame Lv100 can't be Ev'd properly Arceus, but EVENT, actual EVENT, and that Arceus makes a baby Dialga, Palkia or Giratina in HG/SS. Surely that's worth going for
    Dragon_hatch_HGSS.png

Source

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

the stores will be so packed... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

For about an hour or two, then it dies down for a while, and then gets busy. Nothing too hectic

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

dunno, im fairly sure a couple of hundred will be there.

oooor we can make it a Pokéboards meet :pac:

dunno, im fairly sure a couple of hundred will be there.

oooor we can make it a Pokéboards meet :pac:
    Unofficial piggybacking on an event? Go for it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

You'd think they'd jaunt down to Dublin :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

A Neurotic wrote: »

Clearly a British thing :mad:

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Be glad it's somewhere accessable, Belfast is only 2 hours away by train from Dublin. The more people that go to events, the more events there will be in the future. Last year (April) we had a Shaymin event in Dublin, how many of you went to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I really don't like the fact it's only up in the North, I mean there are so many stores down here that you'd easily fill up with Pokégeeks by hosting it down here.

Meh, if I want one, I'll hack one in...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Clearly have to get to this.
    I'm going to be busy on the 13th, who wants to hop on a train to Belfast for the day on the 14th? :D

God it'll be a long day! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'd love to go but I probably wont have the $$$ :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Gotta catch 'em all (unless you live in the Republic of Ireland). I wonder why these events are UK only?

Where was the Shaymin event in Dublin, I didn't know about it or I would have gone?

I'd love to go but I probably wont have the $$$ :(

I'm really hoping I can afford it.

elekid wrote: »
    Gotta catch 'em all (unless you live in the Republic of Ireland). I wonder why these events are UK only?

Where was the Shaymin event in Dublin, I didn't know about it or I would have gone?
    It was in GAME in Dundrum Shopping Center last April.

The events are primarly UK only because of the cost it takes to ship all the stock/stands/etc over on ferries.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hang on, doesn't that mean you're all choosing Arceus over your own mothers?
    No wonder the economy's in the state it's in!

Banjo wrote: »

Why, is it Mother's Day?
    See, the Internet doesn't tell us these things with enough notice for us to do something about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The internet is my mother, I'm sure it'll understand.

If I wasn't choosing Arceus, I'd be in work from 11 until 6 in Dubland and nowhere near my Mother in Cork. VIVA LA GOAT!

SO I JUST FOUND OUT...

I wont be able to make this... Gah!!

Some one rob me an extra Arceus! haha

Hmmm, anyone going to this who uses an R4? If so, let me know, maybe I could bother you enough to send you on my SAV to try get it :P

Although if it's another one of those EU only carts like the PCP Wi-Fi event, then I'm out of luck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Does anyone know if it's 1 Arceus per person or 1 Arceus per copy of the game. I'm wondering if I should bring Diamond, Pearl and Platinum if I go :)

• Advertisement

I'd say it's one per copy of the game because you can only catch him once in each copy of the game.

Buzz - you've been to plenty of these things before - do you just switch on your game and download the event pokemon or do you have to show the cart to the organisers in some way? Also, does it use local Wifi or is there a requirement that the handset / cart pairing that they use for online use / friend codes match up?

While I don't want to encourage the use of R4s, as a semi-legit use, if someone's going up there with an R4 or similar and is willing to do it - and if it's not going to be a problem with the organisers - those of us who will be pampering our wives and mothers (in very different ways, I hasten to add) could email them a compatible save file from our legit carts (Dunno about you but I use NDS_Backup_Tool and an EZ 3-in-1 and to backup my cart saves periodically) which they can then use to grab an arceus for us. Then they send the updated saves back and we copy the new save back onto the retail cart.

Is that feasible? And more importantly would anyone be willing to do it? Sort of pisses all over Buzz's "if you want more events, go to the existing events or stop moaning" ethos but since there will always be people who don't have a choice and physically can't go, I hope we might be forgiven :)

@TheChrisD - if you have a US cart, export your save, use an R4 or similar with the EU ROM (naturally, you'll get a friend to give you ownership of their EU retail cart for the duration so technically you're not using a ROM you do not own) and rename your save to work with that ROM then boot from it and connect to Wifi. Might work. Although thinking about it, none of the recent Wifi / Online mystery gifts worked on Diamond for me, and my save was originally created on a US ROM while waiting for my EU cart to be delivered...

Just a reminder, no talking about where to get roms or anything. Talking about R4 or other flash cards is ok, just mentioning about where to get the roms is not. You have been warned!

Another idea is for someone to get the Arceus, breed it with a Ditto and then be kind enough to share it with all of us :)

I'm not sure if breeding legendaries works though.

Manaphy is the only legendary that can breed. And even then you only get a Phione.

Don't *think* I violated the charter but if there's something that needs to be deleted / censored then cut away, don't feel you have to be polite about it :)

What you posted is ok, just reminding people while the topic of R4's was there.

Does anyone know if it's 1 Arceus per person or 1 Arceus per copy of the game. I'm wondering if I should bring Diamond, Pearl and Platinum if I go :)

There is a definite 1 Arceus per game limitation. Although whether or not they decide 1 per person is another thing.
    Buzz - you've been to plenty of these things before - do you just switch on your game and download the event pokemon or do you have to show the cart to the organisers in some way? Also, does it use local Wifi or is there a requirement that the handset / cart pairing that they use for online use / friend codes match up?

If from a video I saw of Marriland getting his Shaymin is accurate, you just walk in and there will be something set up that broadcasts wirelessly. You just turn on your DS, start the game, select Mystery Gift, and choose the local wireless option. Once it finds the stand, you'll get your Arceus. I've be very surprised if they're actually checking people's DS'/carts.
    @TheChrisD - if you have a US cart, export your save, use an R4 or similar with the EU ROM (naturally, you'll get a friend to give you ownership of their EU retail cart for the duration so technically you're not using a ROM you do not own) and rename your save to work with that ROM then boot from it and connect to Wifi.

While I'm not really going to try it, I hope that it does work, because I'll probably want to transfer my Japanese SS save onto my English copy and just continue on rather than having to start all over. Or will that cause problems with character sets and the like, despite my character and nicknames are all in English...
    Just a reminder, no talking about where to get roms or anything. Talking about R4 or other flash cards is ok, just mentioning about where to get the roms is not. You have been warned!

I'm not that stupid :P
    Another idea is for someone to get the Arceus, breed it with a Ditto and then be kind enough to share it with all of us :)

Nope, can't breed him. Can't trade over the GTS either because of the attached ribbon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Ciaran*

TheChrisD wrote: »
    If from a video I saw of Marriland getting his Shaymin is accurate, you just walk in and there will be something set up that broadcasts wirelessly. You just turn on your DS, start the game, select Mystery Gift, and choose the local wireless option. Once it finds the stand, you'll get your Arceus. I've be very surprised if they're actually checking people's DS'/carts.

At the Shaymin event they didn't send it until you went up the to stand and asked, and then they marked which game you had on a sheet. You can of course just select find gift when they are giving it to someone else while you hide in the aisles.

CianRyan wrote: »
    SO I JUST FOUND OUT...

I wont be able to make this... Gah!!

Some one rob me an extra Arceus! haha
    Just lent someone your cart for the event and get them to download it for you.
    It's one Arceus per save file, so if you are willing to restart a second (or third) game and trade over the Arceus everytime, you can get more Arceus (Arceuses?) on the day.
    Is that feasible? And more importantly would anyone be willing to do it? Sort of pisses all over Buzz's "if you want more events, go to the existing events or stop moaning" ethos but since there will always be people who don't have a choice and physically can't go, I hope we might be forgiven :)
    I'm used to people ignoring my logic and I personally don't care who does and doesn't go. Unfortunately the event staff have to report back with the attendance numbers and if Nintendo don't like the numbers, they don't come back, it's that simple.
    Ciaran* wrote: »
    At the Shaymin event they didn't send it until you went up the to stand and asked, and then they marked which game you had on a sheet. You can of course just select find gift when they are giving it to someone else while you hide in the aisles.
    You are better off being beside them when the Wondercard is being broadcast, again goes back to the point I made ^
    Funnily at that event I had Platinum that I got in the US a few days before and the Shaymin Wondercard wouldn't go on my Platinum game. It's a good job I had my Diamond, my Pearl and my hubby's Diamond, just in case :P

You've been dying to say this. :rolleyes:

Also on the topic, what's an R4.
    Just lent someone your cart for the event and get them to download it for you.

And the penny drops... hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I'm so very tempted but I don't think I'd hear the end of it if anybody found out I took a trip up north for a Pokémon. No college on for the next two weeks either so no assignments to worry about. What to do what to do.

Advertisement