Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arceus Event

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

CianRyan wrote: »
    Also on the topic, what's an R4.
    It's the kind of thing that if you have to ask, you don't want to know.
    Davidius wrote: »
    I'm so very tempted but I don't think I'd hear the end of it if anybody found out I took a trip up north for a Pokémon. No college on for the next two weeks either so no assignments to worry about. What to do what to do.
    You remind me of my friend that came with me to the Darkrai Event in the UK. He still refuses to tell his parents why he went to the UK that day, or that he traveled with a girl he wasn't going out with.
    Please, please, please don't quote me on this, but I have heard that one of the Mother's Day Arceus Events will be in Dublin. I don't know which Dublin Game yet (give me a few days) but as soon as I can I'll let the masses know

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fingers crossed for Dundrum - very high probability I'll be passing through for a last minute pressie on my way to me mums :)

If you're going up north, just pop into Sainsburys and buy 3 crates of watered down carlsberg. That ought to be plenty of cover no matter how deep in the closet you bury your meowth, and as long as you don't mind that it doesn't taste quite the same as ours, and comes in 440ml cans it basically covers the cost of your petrol / train fair. If Craigavon is the shopping center I think it is, they also have a Matalan, which is like Pennys with slightly better quality control. No where decent for lunch though...

So following the official staff training for this event I can report a few things (in spoiler tags when necessary of course).
    I do work with the promotion company running this event so, of course you didn't hear ANY OF THIS from me

First of, I am afraid to report, there is NO DUBLIN STOP on this tour. Bad news for us, but that is what Nintendo have chosen based on figures taken from previous events. This is an even BIGGER chance for us Irish gamers to go there and plague the feedback forms and staff to report back WE WANT to have more events in Dublin.

At this event you will get the chance to download Arceus (officialy pronounced ar-K-us). It is at Lv100, OT Minchina with the following moves: Judgement, Roar of Time, Special Rend and Shadow Force. I was unable to discover the ID number of this Arceus.

Also if you go to ANY of the tour dates and buy ANY Pokémon product in the host Game store, you will get the Arceus figure on the day. However if you pre-order HG SS at the host store you will get an Arceus figure on the day you collect the game in that store. The Arceus figure is while stocks last, so hurry up and get it!

This event is really a cover for a pre-launch HG SS party and so you WILL be able to play HG SS at the event. Yes, you read that right, you get to play HG SS.
    I got to play it yesterday and I want it, so badly right now, the addiction is kicking in again.
    The Pokéwalker is not available to demo on this tour
    but I'm telling you now it's a weird kind of awesome to play it.
    The Pokéwalker has three buttons as you may have seen in photos. It has a left arrow, right arrow and round middle button. Put a Pokémon in it and it really comes to life. The round button opens up the in-menu. From here you can access (from left to right) PokéRadar, Itemfinder, Connect, Items, Trainer Card, Options.

• "Pokéradar" costs 10 wts (Watts, you earn them buy walking, I think 200 steps equals 1 watt) and allows you play a "hunt in the bushes" mini-game, if you are successful you get to fight a wild Pokemon. From here the button controls change to Fight, Catch (throw Pokéball) and Dodge. Both Pokemon have 4 HP bars and the object is to wear down the wild one and catch it, just like in the main game. Once caught you can send the captured Pokemon into HG SS. You can catch up to 3 Pokemon on the Pokewalker at any given time.
    • "Itemfinder" allows you to play another "hunt in the bushes" game. This time you are given 5 bushes and you have 2 goes to find an item. This costs 6wts to play. Items can be either sent back to HG SS or transferred to another Pokéwalker.
    • "Connect" starts the Pokéwalker in wireless hunting mode for 20 seconds. During that time it can connect to another Pokéwalker or teleport the Pokémon back to it's home HG SS game.
    • "Items" the items you found on the walk so far
    • "Trainer Card" the information of the player as set from the home HG SS game
    • "Options" adjust the greyscale and sound in here

I think I forgot one of the menus, so please forgive me on that.

If you can go, GO, to any of these dates, this Saturday in Castle Court in Belfast and Craigavon on Sunday (I'm sure Mum will understand). I can't say much else, except GO GO GO! Nintendo needs this event to be successful, successful events make more future events!

GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rodan

Incrdibly depressing to find this thread today and know that theres no hope of me getting to Belfast this weekend . What are the odds that another event will be coming to Ireland anytime soon ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

My copy of platinum is from the US, does that mean that I won't be able to get Arceus? Don't want to head over there for no reason tomorrow

• Advertisement

Rodan wrote: »
    Incrdibly depressing to find this thread today and know that theres no hope of me getting to Belfast this weekend . What are the odds that another event will be coming to Ireland anytime soon ?
    Unknown, we are due a Draco Meteor Jirachi, but no on knows it that's a brick and mortar event or wi-fi
    ghostchant wrote: »
    My copy of platinum is from the US, does that mean that I won't be able to get Arceus? Don't want to head over there for no reason tomorrow
    Event though we are told it's for EU games and you can bring a US game and take the risk at getting the Wondercard
    I have 3 US games and they have no problem downloading it
    , officially you take the risk of downloading if you arrive with a US game

Advertisement