Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using an O2 / Vodafone iPhone on 3 Network?

Options
  • 01-03-2010 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I've been in touch with a few 3 reps over the last few weeks and they've told me that it doesn't look like 3 will be getting the iphone at all due to a disagreement themselves and Apple are having over the returns policy.

I'm really want to get the iphone and want to stay with 3. I know a few people who are with O2 and are willing to get the iphone on their contract and then give (sell??) me the phone. But what I want to know is it possible for me to use it on the 3 network? What is required to make it work and are there any potential risks involved?

Any advice appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

I have an unlocked iPhone 3gs running on three for past 6 months. Bought it from o2 prepay.

There have been a number of iPhone / Three threads on this forum just use the search it will help you get started/configured.

Only drawback with three for me is no data when out of 3g range unlike o2 which falls back to edge.

There might be an issue with unlocking new iPhones with more recent firmware, just check the 'iPhone dev teams blog'.

Advertisement