Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A pub worse then geoffs/worst place to drink in town

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Downses is a **** hole you'd need a mask with the dust that appears if you walk hard on the floor,as for Geoffs you can keep that place too, a load of yuppies that like exorbitant prices.If you want to be ripped off go to any of these two pub's.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

neeko wrote: »
    Agreed, Downses is a class pub but Geoffs doesn't rate with me. And i'm disappointed to say that cos i should like it: plenty of wheat beer and lots of the music i like.

The problem is that three times now, when i've gone in for food in the late afternoon with friends, the service is CRAP!!! I go in sit down and wait..... Ten minutes later you have to get menus from the bar yourself :(. Then more waiting.... and waiting..... All three time, after waiting approximately 30 minutes, i leave :mad:.

If you're going to serve food you need people tending tables otherwise it's just ****e! And i dont want to hear any lark about "oh but the food is so good". No! I dont care, serve your feekin customers Geoffs!!!

As for the men in hats; well, thats why Downses is the better pub.

I got table service in goeffs friday night. And they brought down drinks, desert and the bill, all this while the place was hopping, very impressed as before i always forgot to pay and had to hand it in the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

marlin vs wrote: »
    Downses is a **** hole you'd need a mask with the dust that appears if you walk hard on the floor,as for Geoffs you can keep that place too, a load of yuppies that like exorbitant prices.If you want to be ripped off go to any of these two pub's.:mad:

And where do you recommend sir?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Has geoffs being affected by the recession at all? Was surprised at the price of a pint in there. (Expensive)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Funny you should mention I was in there last Saturday night (11 till closing) as the lads fancied a change and it was EMPTY compared to what it was the prvious times I had been in there. Like you could find a seat if you walked around while it used to be shoulder to shoulder.

Could have been the night that was in it but I went down to the front lounge after that and it was busy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

Get yourself over to Flynns in downtown Ferrybank.G will rock you as he shuffles behind the bar and M engages with 10 customers simultaniously, their conversations that is. Every customer has his own seat and dare any stranger sit in it. Toilets are wonderful and hot water will be installed next century PG.

it just as you called it, what about the hogs head, or the sean ti over the river in smartscastle, 3 euro a pint and a shot, a big plate of food on sat and sun for a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

Harveys 1
    Harveys 2
    Harveys 3

they are the worst places in town to 'drink'
    Nothing but clowns with attitude usually in there thinking they are high and mighty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

Downses is a **** hole you'd need a mask with the dust that appears if you walk hard on the floor,as for Geoffs you can keep that place too, a load of yuppies that likeexorbitant prices.If you want to be ripped off go to any of these two pub's.:mad:

Betcha you are a young fella used all the bright new pubs with music blaring & tv's hanging from every orrifice! Both of the establishments you refer to are fantastic places to go for a pint. Don't take my word for it look up any tourist book/website & both are always highly recommended.
    Granted both pubs are old school with regards to decor but that is how a pub should look. Not like some futuristic kitchen, all flash colours & lighting.

And where do you recommend sir?
    Martin Bolgers Military Road,Toddle Inn Lower Yellow rd,Ryan's Barrack St,Roanmore Centre Cleaboy Rd,Bothar Bhuí Cleaboy Rd,keep out of the city centre if you don't want to be ripped off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

This is silly. Every town and city in ireland has the dearer pubs...move out of the centre of town, to the cheaper rental spaces (and some with no rent at all) and it's obviously going to be cheaper. Nobody is asking you to drink in town.

• Advertisement

This is silly. Every town and city in ireland has the dearer pubs...move out of the centre of town, to the cheaper rental spaces (and some with no rent at all) and it's obviously going to be cheaper. Nobody is asking you to drink in town.

It's not all about lower prices, in the pub's iv'e mentioned I get a better and friendlier service.And by the way how do you know that I havn't been asked to drink in town,I actually have been asked several times to drink in town and refused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Martin Bolgers Military Road,Toddle Inn Lower Yellow rd,Ryan's Barrack St,Roanmore Centre Cleaboy Rd,Bothar Bhuí Cleaboy Rd,keep out of the city centre if you don't want to be ripped off.
    Woohoo ronemore is my local.

seanybiker wrote: »
    Woohoo ronemore is my local.

I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I know.

Did I mention it a lot or do ya know me

Advertisement