Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physiology Subjects?

Options
  • 01-03-2010 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

So its time that i have to decide what degree to go into for stage 2, i like the look of physiology cause i like biology and im pretty good at it, but im worried that there might be a lot of chemistry involved and i suck at chemistry and hate it with a passion. So i just want to know what the core subjects for physiology are? I cant seem to find out on the UCD website.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Below are the list I could find of subjects. I know there is another one you have to do but I can't remember what. The biochem ones (I know that you have to do 2) are probably the molecules of life 1 and 2 which are all about cell signalling so it's a bit of chem but not too bad. But I hope someone can post up more definitive info as I am going on memory. You should go to this page and contact them, they're all dead sound and very helpful, you can even ask for a meeting if you want, to discuss the subject, so it should be OK. from my memory of second year there is a little touch on chem but most is hard core biology.

An introduction to Physiology PHYS 20040
    Digestion, Absorption and Excercise PHYS 30090
    Cardiovascular System PHYS 30010
    Neurophysiology PHYS 20020
    Physiology of the internal enviroment PHYS 20030

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Hantipants

Thanks a lot, im gonna just go ahead and stick physiology down as my first choice.

Advertisement