Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Definite 100 Voting - The Results are in!

Options
  • 01-03-2010 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

The final round of voting is finished and I've imported all results into a spreadsheet and for each movie I've calculated it's win-ratio and vote-ratio (see bottom for an example).

Movies that have a below 50% winratio and are to be removed are:

015 - Scream 2 ; No data, based on the discussion thread
    042 - Maniac ; Stay 4, Go 5 (received 9 out of 20 votes)
    051 - Event Horizon ; Stay 5, Go 6 (received 11 out of 14 votes)
    055 - Behind the Mask ; Stay 2, Go 4 (received 6 out of 14 votes)
    059 - The prowler ; Stay 1, Go 3 (received 3 out of 14 votes)
    070 - Murder set pieces ; Stay 1, Go 5 (received 6 out of 14 votes)
    090 - The Others ; Stay 5, Go 7 (received 12 out of 13 votes)
    095 - Evil Dead III ; Stay 6, Go 7 (received 13 out of 13 votes)

There are four draws:

029 - Idle Hands ; Stay 6, Go 6 (received 12 out of 19 votes)
    058 - Eyes without a face ; Stay 1, Go 1 (received 2 out of 14 votes)
    071 - Fritt Vilt ; Stay 2, Go 2 (received 4 out of 15 votes)
    100 - Blood Feast ; Stay 1, Go 1 (received 2 out of 13 votes)

There are a couple of movies that received less than 25% of votes cast, which suggests few people know of them and their inclusion in our top 100 may be questioned:

079 - Living dead at manchester morgue ; Stay 2, Go 1 (3 from 15: 20.0%)
    091 - Dust devil ; Stay 2, Go 1 (3 from 13: 23.1%)

This thread is to discuss the movies that ended in a draw and the ones that so few of us have seen that it can be questioned whether they deserve to be on the list.

My suggestion is to remove all the above movies from our list. Except for Idle Hands which is drawn at 6 all and should go either to another vote or be included in the substitution list.

Having recently watched 079 - living dead at manchester morgue, I would have voted Go. Nice B-film, but nothing that makes it stand out for me.

Win ratio is the percentage of 'Stay' votes compared to the total of votes cast on each individual movie votes. A win-ratio below 50% is automatic removal. For example no 22 - Suspiria received 14 stay votes and 1 against vote so it's win-ratio is 14/(14+1)*100 = 93.3%.

Vote ratio is the percentage of votes a movie received compared to the total no of votes cast in the poll. From the above example: 18 posters voted in that poll so suspiria's vote-ratio is (14+1)/18*100= 78.9%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Nice job MudSkipper.

Im very surprised that Murder Set Pieces,The Prowler and Maniac were voted out.All 3 are awesome slasher movies IMO and would wonder if the people that voted them off have seen them in their unedited state.I know that MSP and Maniac did get a DVD release but were totally cut to pieces and AFAIK The Prowler has never gotten a release either.Strange.

Anyway,well done all on a pretty damn good list.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'm shocked that Evil Dead 3 was voted out and Idle Hands is only barely in - is there so little scope for horror-comedy in our list?

Also slightly disappointed that The Others is gone, and kind of ambivalent about Event Horizon, but that's kind of irrelevant.

I think an elimination vote would be good for the four draws. Once that's done, we should then have another thread to nominate substitutions for those eliminated, possibly done in the same way but with a caveat that films which have been removed can't be readded?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

I'd vote that Living Dead At The Manchester Morgue and Dust Devil be put into one final multi choice poll same as the four draws. I know Dust Devil will definitely have an extra vote from me cause I somehow seem to have missed it first time round! Maybe if we left this final poll open a little longer as I think some people tend to just pop their nose into the Horror Forum every so often and may miss a new poll being open.

As for the losers, we had a Replacements Nominations thread at one stage, how about we start up another one and after a week or two of people listing their nominations we set up yet another poll and the highest rated gain access.

Gotta say I love the open nature of this list, really compiles a broad and varied collection from mainstream to cult.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

some good ideas there, am liking the idea of one final showdown vote for the 6 drawn / low vote movies. Also the caveat of movies that have been voted off will not be included in the replacement list

I'll keep an eye on this thread for further suggestions and if there's no changes then by the end of next week I'll create the final poll for the 6 movies with runtime of 2 weeks and also include a link to the replacement suggestion thread. Once the showdown poll closes, there will be one last round of voting to decide the replacements. Our list should be complete around easter :p

MudSkipper wrote: »
    some good ideas there, am liking the idea of one final showdown vote for the 6 drawn / low vote movies. Also the caveat of movies that have been voted off will not be included in the replacement list

I'll keep an eye on this thread for further suggestions and if there's no changes then by the end of next week I'll create the final poll for the 6 movies with runtime of 2 weeks and also include a link to the replacement suggestion thread. Once the showdown poll closes, there will be one last round of voting to decide the replacements. Our list should be complete around easter :p

That's perfect, means I can spend April collecting everything frm the list I haven't seen and spend the summer watching them! This sounds good MudSkipper and kudos to you for your work on the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

niallon wrote: »
    That's perfect, means I can spend April collecting everything frm the list I haven't seen and spend the summer watching them!
    But this summer is going to be a scorcher - Haven't you heard :D

bullpost wrote: »
    But this summer is going to be a scorcher - Haven't you heard :D

Pfft. Sleep all day...watch horror films all night...it's fun to be a vampire!

Advertisement