Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N900 FOA Problem

• 01-03-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I've a problem with my new N900 and I was wondering if anyone might have come across this before. When I connect to the internet via WLAN, I can use the browser, no prob, but I cannot update using FOA or download anything from the OVI Store. Anything to do with the Applications Manager will not work. Strangely, if connected by 3G it will work. By the way, I have installed the most recent updates using Nokia Software Updater so everything is up-to-date.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

What is FOA? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GarC

maybe FOTA. (Firmware over the air). Sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

GarC wrote: »
    maybe FOTA. (Firmware over the air). Sorry

Oh, I think you mean OTA. :)

Have you installed any other software that may be interfering with the network connection?

Problem solved. I had to manually input the DNS server addresses as automatic retrieve didn't seem to have worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

yeah had same problem, bet you have an netopia router, there is a ipv6 bug with the router so if just go to connection setting on phone then advanced and unclick auto for dns and put in your own ( i used googles 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 ) for anyone else that has this problem the above works

• Advertisement

yes, netopia router. I used google's dns settings too. Glad it's finally working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tee1

hi i am having same problem with my n900 im using d-link dsl-g604t how do i find the primary dns and secondary dns numbers ive tried goggles no go any one help ?? fine when i browse web but when try to instal apps or update just hangs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

i have a netopia router and the google setting doesnt work for me either. any ideas?

Advertisement