Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus Misfire/spluttering

Options
  • 01-03-2010 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Folks, just posting this here for future boardsies!. Wifes focus started spluttering and slighty misfiring as you drove it weekend, I did also get a smell of petrol, slight. The web and the searches all directed to to coil problems or another sensor. Changed the spark plugs, this morning, second spark, had disintegrated inside, as one can imagine, this was my problem, and it wasnt that easy to get it out, but we did. Had access to the tools.
    Car perfect now. I need to check when the plugs were last changed, but there all looking like there ready to break apart. Genuine ford they were as well. so any of these misfires or splutters, start with the plugs!. The Coil in Ford galway was priced at 190 euro including vat. I did price a non oem one locally for 45.
    Tagged:

Comments

cool, you're lucky to have it sorted that easy if bits of spark plug had actually dropped into the cylinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Motorpark sell debranded ford coil packs as well. They're €70/€80 I think. They stopped selling the €45 ones because they were sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Cool. Possibly should be moved to the tech help forum?

Ush1 wrote: »
    Cool. Possibly should be moved to the tech help forum?

Most folk would look at plugs as a first port of call when they experience a missfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

we have same problem was down to the leads though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

RoverJames wrote: »
    Most folk would look at plugs as a first port of call when they experience a missfire.

with regard to focus, most actually immediatley blame the coils.

Advertisement