Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firearms licence app form

Options
  • 01-03-2010 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

can someone give me the perfect answers for this cert so it doesnt take forever to get my licence through

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Dvs

Start at section 1 and fill it in,
    answer all questions truthfully,
    find two referees and fill in their details in that section,
    3.3 and 3.4 may or may not apply to you,
    provide proof of club membership,
    target or game which ever applies,
    sign and date it at the bottom,
    hand in at your local garda station.

Dvs.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭ferrete

what or who is two suitable referees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

ferrete wrote: »
    Anyone except a Garda it can be family or friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

usually a member of a gun club or someone that shoots, it can be anyone really, but not under 18 i think or a gaurd, i got my father and neighbur to sign for me. There is no perfect answers just answer truthfully and you will be grand, having perfect answers wont speed it up a lot the time it takes depends on your area and number of applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

ferrete wrote: »

Anybody who knows you well enough to speak about your character. Personally I gave my bosses and my GP's names. They do know have to know anything about shooting or your shooting ability, they need to know you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

Referees : Your GP ( to say your not loopy ) and your solicitor ( an officer of the court ) is who I used.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

There is a sample FCA1 completed to aid those in need of help with their forms. It is on the NARGC website.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement