Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel: Close encounters of the TURD kind

Options
  • 01-03-2010 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi Y'all,
    I regularly walk with my young kids on the New Quay down the river towpath to the Mulcahy Park. A most pleasant amenity for any town. For a long while I've noticed the amount of dog poo on the footpath and towpath and on the grass areas in the park. With the recent dry weather it seems to be worse than ever.
    On these walks, we encounter many people walking their dogs - that's fine. We also encounter many dogs 'doing their business' - neccessary and natural. What we do not encounter is many of these owners, very few actually, cleaning up the mess of their faithful friends - not fine.
    I do not need to remind you fine upstanding citizens that dog dirt is a health hazard, unsightly and very difficult to keep a number of small children from walking into. It is also contrary to bye laws of the Borough Council, punishable by a fine.
    Anyone else ticked off by the selfishness and lack of civic pride of many dog owners (not all of course) and by what looks like little action by the Council?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Agree with you,It's absolutely awful in some parts of the town,I do a bit of jogging around the Town sometimes and It's like trying to avoid a turd minefield.down around St Patrick's road and Silversprings is really bad.some people just don't give a s**t;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Clonmel is a bit of a nightmare as regards dog "business". I have never seen one person pick up after their dogs especially in that park across from the cemetary. What is required there is a few fines to be enforced!

what bothers me even more is up until recently dogs and people were coming through the cemetery, using it as a thoroughfare on the way to the park. In one day there at my parents grave i watched 2 dogs tear all over the place peeing etc on graves while their owners chatted merrily on the way to the park. This was followed up by 2 families coming through playing football heading for the park also:rolleyes:. When people do things like that in a cemetary with little or no respect for anyone I would imagine the only thing likely to get then to pick up their dog mess is a big fat fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Clonmelinfo

There is no Dogs Allowed in the cemetry, so the sign says anyway.

Had an arguement the other day with a person walking there dog by my house and the dog done its business. The owner kept walking until I called hm back and asked him to clean it up, he came back later and did clean it.

I am sure the problem is not just confined to Clonmel, there is a lot to be said about licencing the owners and not the dogs.

Do ye want to know what I think lads?....Dog owners should have to put a nappy on their dog...the same way the want the pony nappy below in Kerry.Sure some dogs have little coats on...if the nappy was in a matching colour,it wouldn't look out at all.And whats more....wouldn't it be a new kind of business for the town...In stead of listening to sh**e from the TD'S above in the Dail..Someone could be making money out of it.Someone with a bit of money and knowhow could have it up and going in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

I'd say the feckin dogs in Clonmel would have their work cut out to produce as much sh1t as the TDs come out with?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 hermunkla

The dog poo phenomena is a nationwide disgrace. I`ve noticed dog owners seem to walk their dogs very early morning or just at dark. If you observe them now you will notice that as the evenings get brighter they will take their dog walking later and later which suggests to me that they are only too well aware of the problems they are causing and need to do this as close to dark as possible. I was surprised recently to discover that the dog licence was only 8.20e peer year. What I suggest is that this be increased to 20E and the extra money be given to local Councils to fund this messy refuse, and with a provision that all owners be forced to carry that licence with them when with their dog. We might see then a reduction in the number of `DOGLOVERS` and their little **** factories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

well the dog **** symbolizes your town.................here comes rover sniffing at your ass, well pardon me bitch as i **** on your grass, thats means ho, you been ****ted on, im not the first dog that ****ted on your lawn...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

dog licences have been €12.50 for the last few years. I would think the vast majority of people dont even have one.
    I have yet to see a town as bad as Clonmel for this. Was in Killarney and Kilkenny recently and they are nowhere near as bad as here....but maybe i caught them on a good day!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭cml387

From Jerry Seinfeld

"Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them's making a poop, the other one's carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge."

Tis no fecking joke when you get it in the grooves of your new Tyler's boots.

• Advertisement

That's no problem. Just get your toothbrush to it. Works for me everytime. Then just run it under the tap and it's grand again.

Thats where I was going astray.I was using matches in the very thin grooves...I could nearly see what the fecker had for dinner.Its a lot easier when the dog is constipated.

ppink wrote: »
    dog licences have been €12.50 for the last few years. I would think the vast majority of people dont even have one.
    I have yet to see a town as bad as Clonmel for this. Was in Killarney and Kilkenny recently and they are nowhere near as bad as here....but maybe i caught them on a good day!
    Thank you ppink. I stand corrected on the licence fee.

And there was a fella on Radio 1 this morning from the Green party wanting to give every dog micro chips. Imagine the sh1t that'll be around the place if they're all eating chips. There'll be no stoppin them. Tis kebabs they'll want next!

And there was a fella on Radio 1 this morning from the Green party wanting to give every dog micro chips. Imagine the sh1t that'll be around the place if they're all eating chips. There'll be no stoppin them. Tis kebabs they'll want next!
    The Green Party!!!! I`d sooner vote for a dog turd.

Advertisement