Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Not Picking Up Home Broadband Signal

Options
  • 01-03-2010 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi,

hope someone can help me here. I have a wireless Eircom Netopia router upstairs with 2 PC's (one hardwired all others wireless), a netbook and laptop working from it - everything was going good until yesterday when the laptop would not pick up signal. All other devices are working OK.
    When I search for available networks with laptop it picks up a BTOpenzone network (which I assume is a neighbours one) but nothing from the Tosiba Tecra (laptop). I knocked off the firewall momentarily but still no joy when trying to repair the network connection.

Would anyone have any pointers where I should begin to start with this. I would consider myself to be somewhat computer/technical minded but can't seem to figure it out ?

Regards

Spfeno

Advertisement