Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No hot water from Triton T90 shower?

• 01-03-2010 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

How you can help out with this one? I'm a complete novice on this kind of stuff so please bare with me :o

I have Triton T90 electric shower installed in an upstairs ensuite. The water went in my area for a few days after Christmas. When it came back on I had barely any pressure at all from the shower, all other pressure around the house was fine. At the time I was advised by a friend that there may be an airlock. I took off the front case of the unit and following his instructions and rotated a small valve which sorted out the problem and the water pressure returned again. I waited a couple of days and then went to use the shower. Unfortunately now, there is no hot water coming out of it at all? The shower in the main bathroom has hot water. Does anyone know what the problem is here please? Did I do something wrong?

ALL suggestions greatly appreciated:D

Thanks,
    ~livEwirE~

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Did you adjust (by accident when you had the cover off)the temperature nob?

If not it sounds like the heating element is burnt out. Try www.tritonshowers.ie for a replacement. weigh up the costs you could buy the part and fit it yourself or get someone to fit it, or replace the shower for new. A new one would cost about 250.

If you have difficulty PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Will check the temperature nob, hopefully that is all it is, don't fancy having to pay for an new element. What kind of money are you talking about for one of those elements mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

When you lost water did you try and use T90, if so for how long? Any excessive use without water supply at required min pressure could possibly damage thermostat even burn out element. Could be a case where you had T90 on, element heating but not enough water passing by element causing element to over heat.

Might be best to replace shower, you could possibly fork out 100 to 200 + for thermostat / element and find something else within shower might fail in a few weeks / months.

When you get sorted, next time loss of water or pressure going to T90, turn it off and don't use until water returns, if shower struggles to come on after return of water, turn temp dial all the way down when trying to run shower after bleeding etc. When you find a good supply and showers working well at coldest setting, only then should you turn up heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Got this sorted thanks all, shower was still under 2 year warranty, so Barrets in Maynooth, where I got, it sent out someone to replace the heating element. Thanks for all the help :)

Advertisement