Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upgrading HDD

• 01-03-2010 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭

Hi all,my son has the basic xbox(the one with no HDD).Is it straight forward enough to put in a HDD?Is there any limitations to what size type HDD that can be put in.

Tried googling but nearly all the sites are blocked by a poxy firewall,

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

The HDD will slot into the top of the Xbox 360. It should be no problem. Any size Xbox HDD will work also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Thanks andy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The only harddrives for the 360 that are sold as addons are the 60Gb with the Live package and the 120Gb. The 250Gb is not released yet as an addon HDD.

They just drop in or on I should say. Just remove the plastic grill on top of the console and slot the HDD in its place. 5 second job.

He all ready has live.Do you get the live code the same way as if you bought it on its own?

I have a 20 gig in mine so might do a switcharoo for the 60:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Just looking at amazon and it seems they do the 60gig drive by itself for £49 and then with the Live kit for £54 which has 3 months Live, headset and network cable. I imagine its just the normal what you get a code from a shop.

I didn't know they did the 60gig on it's own till now.

• Advertisement

Will pop into game and see if I can get 1 there.If not will just grab it off the internet

Advertisement