Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions--March 2010

Options
  • 01-03-2010 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭

-4c frosty with patches of freezing fog.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Fine and frosty morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Spitting the stones (if it were July)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

It's March 1st so new thread on this beautiful day,

A view of wicklow mountains from my house taken at 16:30 today,picture does not do it justice,its so clear in reality.

PICT0358.JPG

PICT0356.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Nice to see a bit of snow still hanging round, what do you think the snowline is there?
    The reeks down here are still covered on top, but i reckon snowline is a bit higher than on those wicklow mts. Although saying that, there's still snow in sheltered gullies that hasn't melted yet. Its there since last decent bit of snow fall at the start of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Also had a rare and great view of the snow capped Galway/Mayo mountains today, which are over 50 miles away, the visibility was that clear. 1.8c now and falling quite rapidly. Pale moon rising to the east.

• Advertisement

High cloud becoming dense enough to blot out the sun but still a very pleasant afternoon with a slight but notable breeze. Not quite as mild as yesterday with temp on 6.8c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

5c here. Extensive cloud cover. Rain not too far away

Lightly overcast. A degree or two cooler than yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Temp hasn't moved from 6c all day, doing it's best to rain.
    Feeling cold in the breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Max 7c here today, 3.8 at the moment and falling, mostly light rain today till late evening

• Advertisement

Normal service resumed, lovely frosty morning -2c.

Bright and crisp

Absolutely stunning morning. Sky has faint hints of an upper continental haze which does nothing but enhance the magnificence of the colour blue. The sky is almost purple towards the northern horizon. Really puts the non-descript fair weather of the last few weeks in the shade; this is the real thing! :)

It's funny, despite a current temp of 4.4c, the breeze outside feels refreshingly cool and pleasant. I think this is due to some sort of psychological warp. My mind see's the almost perfect glory of the day and instinctively registers "hot", which in turn sends signals to my sensory perceptions and allows the breeze to feel cool and pleasant on my skin, rather than cold, which the thermometer would suggest.

As I type, I can see obscure hints of fluffy white cumulus breaking through the haze in the eastern sky. Beautiful spring day! :):)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

6 deg,fresh north westerly breeze,not a cloud in the sky

Severe frost -4c.

Bright and sunny, now if we could only have some heat with it.

Fine day with dark blue skies. Feels warm enough out there. Not near a thermo but I'd say around 6/7c degrees at least.

Edit. 8c in Claremorris at the mo, so probably the same, if not a little higher here.

min was -4.2c quickly climbing once the sun got up to a max of 9.2c
    What an outstanding day!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

lovely day in the south west, sun splitting the stones,10 deg ( 23 deg in my greenhouse)

mp22 wrote: »
    23 deg in my greenhouse

Sounds nice. :). Can't remember the last time the temp inside my house broke 15c, but it was well before December.

I think it is time to get the central heating in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

I sat out for a cuppa after lunch and it was very pleasant indeed. Looking forward to playing golf in my shorts tomorrow.

Overcast.

8 deg,cloud at about 20%,good sunny spells as wel

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Sunny Spells and cold with a bitter Easterly Wind, Gusts 25km/h, Temp 5c

5 deg,wind south easterly 5-6,cloudy with the odd sunny spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Bright warm sun in sheltered corners. Sneaky bitter wind in unsheltered places.

There are still small remnants of snow atop the mountains. Just a tiny scattering now.

Despite strong sunshine and a light southeasterly,temps took a tumble here in the afternoon.
    It's a very cold feeling 3.5 to 3.7c here at the moment and sunny.

It would appear that theres a cold pocket of air out in the irish sea and lapping onto the coast from Dublin southwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bray man

even with the nice sun today it only reached 6.7 here. -1.3 atm and looking like there's going to be a very big frost come morning:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Temp plunging tonight, record March low seems nailed on cert, currently -4.3°C

Yesterday morning in southern China i stood on my apartment balcony in a t-shirt in 25°C at 06:00 and didnt want to leave, I wish I was back there *cries*

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

10pm on March 7th and -4c in Dublin Airport.

Something else.

The winter keeps clinging on and to think it could have been much colder had the high not of sunk over us.

Hard frosts do though leave beautiful sunny mornings so i like :)

Advertisement