Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC upgrades

• 01-03-2010 6:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

I was on the phone to UPC about 6 weeks ago and they said that they didnt do broadband in my area (Hartstown, D15) but would be upgrading this year.

Ive seen lots of UPC vans in the area in the last week, so out of curiosity I went on to the website today and put my address in the area checker thing, and it says all services are available in my area. Is this a mistake or have they recently done upgrades ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

The website is notoriously unreliable, it told me I could get broadband and phone and tv, so I ordered broadband and phone, a few days later they cancelled the whole order as I could not receive phone. Eventually got the broadband, but their site still says I can receive phone when I can't.
    Your best bet would be to call them again and check

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Hi,
    they calculate area availability as a percentage. So once the percentage is above a certain number (never told), the webpage checker indicates that it is available. Full product availability came up for my area on the web-page a few weeks ago but when I called them, they gave me the above explananation (and that all their products were not available to me, but were to people literally 100metres away). So no HD or phone for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

I'm waiting for them to upgrade the Corduff exchange.

I remember a month or two back that someone here posted the UPC area's that are to be upgraded. I also rang them and they said most of blanch will be upgraded in the coming months.

Guess I'll have to stick to BT/Voda for now :(

Advertisement