Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Forwarding

• 01-03-2010 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi all
    I need to forward my ports so in reading my belkin manual it says i need a static IP address, how do i find the Static IP for my UPC broadband? It says to log onto my router webface, any ideas how to do that?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

That refers to the LAN side. You don't need a static IP from the ISP. Just set the IP address on your computer to be something in the correct range (192.168.1.10 for example, if the router is 192.168.1.1). They you forward the relevant ports to that address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Dunnel009

thanks Kepti, i had thas link and it is this piece in that guide that is throwing me
    "The name server entries are a bit complicated. Name Server is just another name for DNS(domain name server) server. Some router's act as a proxy between the actual name servers and your computer. You will know when this is the case, because the Default Gateway will list the same ip address as the Name Servers entry. We need to have the correct Name Server IP addresses. If we do not, you will not be able to browse the web. There are a couple ways to get these. The first way is to log into your router's web interface, and look at your router's status page."

Any ideas

Jor el
    so my default gateway is 192.168.2.4 and so are my DNS ones.
    So should i just use .2.40?

Advertisement